Comparison

tcmcauley1271

Greenie
May 31, 2020
Oak Ridge, TN
Detector(s) used
Just bought my Garrett AT Max. Going to play with the settings this winter and get out this spring into East Tennessee.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay everyone. I am getting back into metal detecting after a break. My old detector was a Bounty Hunter, did not like it much. So now I am looking at 2 different ones. I am looking for a good multi-purpose detector that I can do a little of everything including gold prospecting. The 1st one is the Garrett At Max and the 2nd one is the Teknetics T2. What is everyone's opinion on which one to consider. Needing some good advice. According to Metaldetector.com advisors the Teknetics T2 is better for the gold prospecting aspect but only comes with water proof coils. I live in East Tennessee where most gold is located in rivers in the Smoky mountains. The Garrett At Max and Pro are water proof down to 10 feet. Both I am looking at are bundles and come with multiple heads. So what is everyone's opinion.

Upvote 0

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#1- Minelab Equinox 800, I also took a rather long break from detecting, 40 years to be exact. Life, marriage, kids, dogs and a career took all my time. I used a Bounty Hunter also but I’ll tell ya, this nox 800 is something else, haven’t prospected with it yet, I’ve only air tested the gold 2 mode and it blows me away how sensitive it is on the smallest of targets 12 to 15 inches from the coil. Welcome back to the metal detecting community and good luck on your decision.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. The Equinox will be a much better choice.

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to wait and check out the new Garrett Ace Apex that runs on 4 frequencies at the same time. It's also priced a lot lower than either the Minelab 600 or the 800. I've already got one on pre-order.

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome back! For me, the break was 45 years...better late than never! Good luck with your MD search.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread