Comparison
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By nuggetdog
  • 2 Post By cudamark

Thread: Comparison

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    The Irishman

May 2020
    Oak Ridge, TN
    Looking at the Garrett AT Max and the Teknetics T2, may be going to order a Fisher Gold Bug 2 for prospecting
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Question Comparison

Okay everyone. I am getting back into metal detecting after a break. My old detector was a Bounty Hunter, did not like it much. So now I am looking at 2 different ones. I am looking for a good multi-purpose detector that I can do a little of everything including gold prospecting. The 1st one is the Garrett At Max and the 2nd one is the Teknetics T2. What is everyone's opinion on which one to consider. Needing some good advice. According to Metaldetector.com advisors the Teknetics T2 is better for the gold prospecting aspect but only comes with water proof coils. I live in East Tennessee where most gold is located in rivers in the Smoky mountains. The Garrett At Max and Pro are water proof down to 10 feet. Both I am looking at are bundles and come with multiple heads. So what is everyone's opinion.

us
    Jan 2014
    Utah
    178 times
    #1- Minelab Equinox 800, I also took a rather long break from detecting, 40 years to be exact. Life, marriage, kids, dogs and a career took all my time. I used a Bounty Hunter also but Iíll tell ya, this nox 800 is something else, havenít prospected with it yet, Iíve only air tested the gold 2 mode and it blows me away how sensitive it is on the smallest of targets 12 to 15 inches from the coil. Welcome back to the metal detecting community and good luck on your decision.
    cudamark likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8684 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I agree. The Equinox will be a much better choice.
    nuggetdog and OBN like this.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    Feb 2008
    Central Massachusetts
    Tesoro Silver ĶMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
    20 times
    You may want to wait and check out the new Garrett Ace Apex that runs on 4 frequencies at the same time. It's also priced a lot lower than either the Minelab 600 or the 800. I've already got one on pre-order.
    As high as your coil is off the ground, that's how much depth you're losing in the ground. - Mat

White's MXT, DetectorPro Wader, Tesoro Silver ĶMax, White's Bullseye II

Charter Member
    us
    Reg

May 2020
    San Jose, CA
    Tarsacci MDT 8000, Nokta Makro Simplex, Minelab E-Trac
    362 times
    Metal Detecting
    Welcome back! For me, the break was 45 years...better late than never! Good luck with your MD search.
    "The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future." Oscar Wilde

Sponsored Links