Whites Metal Detectors Going Out Of Business - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Whites Metal Detectors Going Out Of Business

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    9808 times
    I wanted to find a Surfmaster PI Pro to change it up with the Nox on the beach. I guess now that’ll go by the wayside.
    Best of luck to all the Whites employees.
    gunsil, chub, 3cylbill and 2 others like this.

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

us
    Sep 2016
    Southern Arizona
    Minelab Equinox 800,XP ORX
    123 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    It is sad they are closing, White brand was the first detector that I owned. But with all the competition out there, you had to see it coming, for the most part their detectors are heavy, when the come out with a new product, it is simply a rebranded older model (24k, TDI) to name a couple. The competition is now multi-freq. Fisher is developing a lighter Pulse induction(water proof).

What will be next, my bet is on the Auto industry, which will lead to less highway construction, the Jetson's vehicle is just around the corner.
    chub likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    9808 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bc5391 View Post
    It is sad they are closing, White brand was the first detector that I owned. But with all the competition out there, you had to see it coming, for the most part their detectors are heavy, when the come out with a new product, it is simply a rebranded older model (24k, TDI) to name a couple. The competition is now multi-freq. Fisher is developing a lighter Pulse induction(water proof).

What will be next, my bet is on the Auto industry, which will lead to less highway construction, the Jetson's vehicle is just around the corner.
    I just wish VW would bring out a new split window VW Bus and I’d be happy. Make sure it’s electric.
    gunsil and chub like this.

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

Sep 2007
    Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
    Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
    266 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    This is truly sad news. It is part of my history. I am 57 now. Back in the 1970's as a young teen, my Dad bought me my first detector, a White's Coinmaster (4D). I became an expert with that detector, an old TR. Hand salute.

us
    Dec 2012
    lower hudson valley, N.Y.
    safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
    4420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGold View Post
    I just wish VW would bring out a new split window VW Bus and I’d be happy. Make sure it’s electric.
    My father bought one of the first VW buses in the country in 1956. It was a simple Kombie as we were sorta poor, it had no interior panels in the back and was coooold in the winter. When he got a much better job in 1961 we got a brand new 23 window deluxe in 1962. I quit college in 1967 and became a VW mechanic and bought and repaired about ten more to sell in the next few years, some non-sunroof and some more deluxes. Loved those things!! Spartan and could not keep up with traffic on big hills but hey, who needed to be in a hurry? Now immaculate restored versions can run over a hundred grand. I had saved two rust free 23 window ones into the late 80s, but I lost my storage and sadly sold them for a song. Nowadays it would be hard to replicate due to "safety" standards. I still have some windows for a 23 window and a few jalousy windows new for a camper. A few other parts I need to find a buyer for. Damn I loved those cars!!
    Last edited by gunsil; Jun 20, 2020 at 10:45 AM.
    RustyGold likes this.
    Ya won't find nuthin' if ya don't hunt

ca
    Oct 2016
    Canadian Eh
    Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, and Simplex+ Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
    361 times
    Metal Detecting
    Sure puts Garrett in a good position, I know First Texas will be around, but rethinking of how both will need to compete now with Whites and Tesoro gone to what both in my mind how Nokta | Makro and Minelab have recently been doing is sure making a difference on those searching for the best at the cheapest price in a ever competing market place.

Multi Technology^r has really spark peoples interest along with head to head comparison tests folks posting on the internet..to me it is a no brainer to act quickly to make a decision on a product many years ago before the internet was always just a treasure magazine away, now times are changing how we shop to make a good decision. Anyways I have always wanted to visit Whites Sweet Home Oregon and Tesoro in Prescot Arizonaa manufacturing facility other then relying on internet videos would have been great to see in person. Searching the internet and the technology that Minelab and Nokta | Makro are putting into thier business simply amazes me and sure they did not intended to see how this was going to unfold even before COVID-19.

Whites was my first beginner/intermediate detector, that opened the doors to me.

This was the first detector I used with amazing results. I debated about picking up another recently but there has been just so many folks who use and will continue to use these two company's still today where others have left the pack. I will sure miss the earlier dependable 'beep and dig' products and in my mind are and will be the best analog devices made. Later digital products have dominated the market.

I will never give up my Tesoros. But regret giving up my Whites.

I have grown to love and respect the stories I have read/shared on my finds and what these amazing detectors have produced.

A day to mark in the calendar indeed... made me go to Tesoros website today but I cant find it anymore, finally taken done now?? Makes me to believe they have not found a buyer.

Anyways..

HH my friends stay in touch.

us
    May 2011
    tujunga ca
    xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
    1628 times
    are there other repair stations??that work on whites
    brad

Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    1991 times
    Whites seemed to have a large range of similar machines. The price and tech of new machines (value) is just too good. Tesoro also in a similar situation. Ive been a member here for a while and Whites just dont seem to feature much. It is a shame though.

Chub
    gunsil likes this.

ca
    Oct 2016
    Canadian Eh
    Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, and Simplex+ Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
    361 times
    Metal Detecting
    Wait this note said the following everyone.

Ken White is retiring only? What is mentioned is the following before we jump to conclusions 'we are suspending manufacturing operations at our Sweet Home facility while we re-evaluate the future of the company.
    eyemustdigtreasure likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    33391 times
    He also said...

"critical material shortages since the Covid 19 shutdown that we now find insurmountable.

"The time has come for retirement from White's Electronics." Sounds like he is saying Whites is retiring.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

I excercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

us
    Apr 2013
    Western Illinois
    Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000 w/NEL SS, Nokta Impact, Garrett Treasure Ace 300, Minelab Equinox 800, White's Coinmaster 4/DB
    95 times
    It means a loss of jobs, that seems like a simple inference.
    That means for now, it’s kaput.
    Man, I just got that TRX pinpointer. I sure don’t want to lose any metal detecting companies, especially ones that have given a rats patootie about service.

us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
    898 times
    If your saying that White's didn't keep up with tech on their detectors that's a laugh, there isn't anybody who makes a detector with the adjustments you can make on the V3i. Lets say way too many adjustments for most people. HH

Quote Originally Posted by Iffy Signals View Post
    So sad that we cant keep up with metal detector technology.

us
    Aug 2009
    898 times
    LOL don't think so. HH
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    Not long after the Apex release, makes me wonder if its more about technology then Chinese counterfeit instruments...

us
    Relic Recoverist

Jun 2015
    BEAN FIELD ,IL
    Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
    269 times
    This really socks. I love all the brands and each brand has a distinct following and understanding. Personally, I like my mx-7,trx combo,.....sad times. Im curious what may become of garrett in this following as well. The apex reveal and tech that comes with it HAS to pay off on the sales side. But even at that, the simplex still holds more capable options, in regards to waterproofed and msrp price points.

us
    Aug 2009
    898 times
    Is this detector even out yet? or is this just one of those touting how great it is before anybody has used it? HH
    Quote Originally Posted by Toecutter View Post
    Not long after the Apex release, makes me wonder if its more about technology then Chinese counterfeit instruments...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links