Whites Metal Detectors Going Out Of Business

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
June 18, 2020

To our valued White's Dealers-

This is a very difficult message to write, but the time has come for retirement from White's Electronics.

We are suspending manufacturing operations at our Sweet Home facility while we re-evaluate the future of the company. It is never easy to make these decisions, however, we are faced with the reality of intense competition in the industry and ongoing counterfeit instruments coming from China. Lastly, there have been critical material shortages since the Covid 19 shutdown that we now find insurmountable.

All of us here in Sweet Home are grateful for your service. We consider each you part of the White's extended family.

Sincerely,

Ken White
leafshadowhorz.png

American Made Metal Detectors since 1950

[email protected] • 1-888-666-6121

Upvote 1

Eaglehead

Jul 27, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right on. I also think you have to keep the price down. If you can sell in quanity and make a little less profit, that would be better than trying to bleed the turnips down. Make a good solid machine, make it look like it is worth the money and not a piece of plastic with screws holding it together. Also put enough new technology in it to make it actually fine a few coins and relics. Like Tesoro, don't just put an ID on their high end machines. If others can make junkie kid's machines and put one on, put a little extra effort and make your regular models with at least what all the others already have.
MOST OF ALL ---- Read these forums and see what the guys that actually use them are wanting in new detectors. We know technology can just go so far, but we also know you just can't keep charging the high dollar for just another 'new model' detector.
Again, ask the guys that use them before you bite the dust trying just to make a profit! These guys know what they want and need!
Eaglehead

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn shame always have liked Whites machines, too bad they could not evolve as needed. They are quality machines.

Loco Raindrops

Jul 26, 2020
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 with optional 6" coil, Whites MX Sport w/Garrett Z Link, Killer B's Stinger headphones, Predator Tools 85BC, Whites TRX pinpointer, Anaconda NX5 digger, Whites Digmaster hand digger,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garrett is buying them. Just got the email.

SmartSelect_20201016-191445_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i wonder what machines they will still build and what new ones will looks like.i have 5 whites and iam glad someone is taking them over.
brad

Loco Raindrops

Jul 26, 2020
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 with optional 6" coil, Whites MX Sport w/Garrett Z Link, Killer B's Stinger headphones, Predator Tools 85BC, Whites TRX pinpointer, Anaconda NX5 digger, Whites Digmaster hand digger,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I honestly thought First Texas may try to acquire them when this whole shutting down subject was announced.

I am not brand loyal. I think they all make great machines if ya put the time in to learn them with a few exceptions I won't name as that is solely my opinion....

Just glad they will carry on to some degree.

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
New hope today has come about! today October 17 my e-mail was hit by the most beautiful news!! White's is back under Garrett's care. Please don't be sad. Ralph "LP"

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received the same e-mail as Loco Raindrops did. Garrett is buying them out (except their properties in Oregon and Scotland).

Dillis

Even if its junk, It's a find..
Mar 11, 2012
Fayetteville, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT and Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I LOVE MY WHITES MXT
I have a Whites MXT as well. I will never sell it. Plain and simple. It works very well. I have a Minelab Equinox 800 and the MXT is just as good in.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Whites MXT as well. I will never sell it. Plain and simple. It works very well. I have a Minelab Equinox 800 and the MXT is just as good in.
Try hunting in salt water, then see which one you like best.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MXT will not function very well in wet salt sand, even with the beach program, it is a very good detector for gold nugget detecting.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MXT will not function very well in wet salt sand, even with the beach program, it is a very good detector for gold nugget detecting.
Not as good as an Equinox though.....especially the tiny nuggets.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i also have a gmt, but i cant find a clean place to run it. just to much trash and little pieces metal. i mainly been on mining claim. but it does find very small targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread