First Barber in 5 years, second ever

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, not much to show but sort of a thrill for me. After a couple inches of rain yesterday and a beautiful day today with temps in the high 70s and low humidity I decided I had to go detecting. With no new permissions I headed to a 5 year old one that I have probably hit 14 times, a country church on a gravel road 35 miles from my house. Services haven't been held there in years.

The combination of church, grounds, and cemetery probably take up about 4 acres, huge cemetery for a country church. The immediate church and yard is probably on a half acre. The road takes a bend just before the church and the driveway cuts off right in the bend and circles around the church to meet the road on the other side of the church. That makes a sort of point in the church yard. I had sort of hit that area on other occasions but never found anything there like the rest of the grounds and large grassy parking area. So since I seldom got a signal on the rest of the place the last 3 or 4 times there I decided to hit the corner first also there are 2 large oak trees down there. Oh yeah I was shocked when I discovered no rain had fallen there yesterday, dry as could be down to below 6 inches. Anyway near the futurist tree from the church I got a quarter signal at 6 inches. Unearthed a 1916 D Barber quarter, my second barber quarter ever. Other finds included a fmj 9mm bullet, one aught buckshot ball, a sizeable hunk of lead, and a jeans or overhall rivet. Whew lots of spiel for one quarter.[emoji1] 20200623_225622.jpg 20200623_230000.jpg 20200623_230102.jpg

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Huge congrats on digging that Barber Quarter, :occasion14: I have dug more dimes and halves than quarters :dontknow:

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds...congrats!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super find!:headbang::hello2:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done, congrats on the beautiful coin! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread