sti1471

Aug 3, 2020
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500
Cabelas Bounty Hunter 5500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, new to this forum. Been detecting for years with a metal detector that I bought at Cabela's. It has been a good detector, but recently a friend gave me a Garrett gta 500. It has a white disc coil that says deepseeker on it. The detector did not come with a manual, so I have just been trying to learn how to use it. I noticed that on the back of the control box, there is 2 black plugs. When those are removed, it gives you access to 2 pots to make adjustments. Does anyone know what those adjust, and how to adjust them?

Also, does the Garrett gta500 detect gold? I don't have any gold laying around to run past the coil, but I have not found anywhere online that states if this will detect a gold coin, or ring.

Thanks everyone.

Upvote 0

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes i have one and it will find gold

OP
OP
S

sti1471

Aug 3, 2020
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500
Cabelas Bounty Hunter 5500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it detects gold, what does the metal type come up on the screen as? Will it be in the coin area, or up near the silver?

Also, the manual mentions the depth, but I don't see anywhere on the screen where it shows a depth indicator of the target. Maybe it does not have one?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread