Found this lead slug. Any ideas on age ?

lupojohn

Aug 15, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0374.jpg

Upvote 0

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello there, I see this is your first posting and that your new to the forum. Welcome from Missouri.

To get a much better identification on your bullet you need better measurements. Tbe bullet needs to be measured with a caliper either a dial or digital one, and weighed with a scale that weighs in grains versus grams which would be used to weigh precious metals. If you have a friend or an acquaintance that reloads their own ammunition that is the person you need to see.

Just at a very rough look it appears it may be in the quarter bore area, .25 or .26 caliber such as a 6.5 mm that uses a long bullet for caliber. The 6.5 Sweedish with a lead 139-40 grain bullet would be only one example. Anyway use a scale that weighs in grains and measure below that crimping grove with a caliper and cross reference in a reloading manual. Hope this helps, good luck and happy hunting.

Don

OP
OP
L

lupojohn

Aug 15, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I’m new to this, so still trying to figure things out. The slug diameter averages 0.43 inch and has an average length of 1.38 in. I don’t have a weight yet.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find and welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions