Anyone familiar with the Outdoor Spirit MD-L101

DC_Belair

Mar 6, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking on Tnet for quite a while but this is my first post. This site has gotten me hooked on coin collecting again (I started a collection as a kid, but lost interest) and I would love to try my hand at metal detecting. I just ran across a used detector for sale in my area but its a brand I've never heard of so I thought I would ask you experts out there for a review. Its an Outdoor Spirit MD-L101 and the seller is asking $75. Since I've never detected before I don't need anything more than an entry level machine at this point. I just want to avoid wasting my time with something that isn't worth the effort. Any feedback would be a big help. Thanks!

Frank

Upvote 0

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
I aint neva heard of it, but I would suggest you pick up a nice cheap Bounty Hunter at Wal-Mart or radio shack it's a good place to start and they're reasonably cheap around $100.00-$200.00 Any cheaper then that as well as being used and your likely to be buying a headache rather than a true MD. ;)

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
The name actually reminds me on the Pioneer 101 from Bounty Hunter, possibly manufactured by BH but labeled differently. Maybe check out the Bounty Hunter website to see if the two compare?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread