Best Light Weight Metal Detector - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Best Light Weight Metal Detector

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8940 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    Steve makes great after market shafts, but there's probably another $100 spent...
    The Deus is more money to start with, then you have to add the waterproof kit. Then you can look at the cost of their coils in comparison to the Equinox. If you're talking about cost comparisons only, the Equinox wins hands down, even if you factor in some aftermarket upgrades. Don't get me wrong, the Deus is a fine machine, and if that extra bit of weight saving is important to you, or, you're hunting in beds of nails, by all means buy it instead of the Equinox. If you're more interested in performance over a wide variety of venues, the Equinox is a better choice, and a better buy.
    Mudflap and ColonelDan like this.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    1308 times
    Since you mentioned the nox, I'm sure some people will think I am putting it down, Not trying to. The 11" coil was probably the main reason I didn't buy one. Several people boiught one and said it hurt their arm. They got the Deus and said much easier to swing. Also I didn't like the VDI scale being so few numbers. Like I said the prices are nearly the same if you ask the dealer for the best price. Yeah, extra coils are more expensive but even these the prices are lower now. I just run the 9" X35 and really haven't the desire to get anything else.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

us
    Jan 2019
    NC
    EQ800 (Stock Coil), XP ORX (X35 11")
    346 times
    Metal Detecting
    The lightest I know of is the XP ORX with 9" HF coil (1 pound 14 ounces). Disadvantages are like others say, not the greatest in salt and requires a water kit(more money) target ID is also not what some like, and cost. Equinox 600 is another choice but a bit heavier. The A new player is the Garrett Ace Apex(2.5 lbs)- if you can get one. Looks like a decent detector.
    Some other machines and weights:
    Minelab Vanquish (2.9 lbs.), Minelab Equinox (2.96 lbs)

I was in a car accident last year and had neck injuries as a result. I can tell you that weight alone is not the only factor about the detector. Balance is more important. The equinox is a great detector but some do not like it due to the grip angle and balance. The only detector I could use after the wreck for a long time was the XP ORX. But again it does have its little annoyances too like lackluster target id and no depth indicator. It's pinpointing feature is also cumbersome.
    Since you have back problems I would suggest wearing one of those back support belts when detecting, it may help you.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    9712 times
    I use my XP Deus on the beach with the HF Coils on the beach all the time. Super lightweight and the Deus has the wonderful X/Y graphic screen. The HF coils I found to be quieter than the previous coils on the wet sand. Good luck!
    Irishgoldhound likes this.

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

us
    Jan 2019
    NC
    EQ800 (Stock Coil), XP ORX (X35 11")
    346 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGold View Post
    I use my XP Deus on the beach with the HF Coils on the beach all the time. Super lightweight and the Deus has the wonderful X/Y graphic screen. The HF coils I found to be quieter than the previous coils on the wet sand. Good luck!
    I would really be spoiled with that XY Screen and Deus extra options. I used my ORX with X35 11" coil today in a seriously hunted to death place loaded with junk. Still managed to squeak out some corroded pennies, clad dimes, and a nickel from some seriously junk ground. Yes I did dig a couple pull tabs, but when those 90+ numbers pop up it is usually a copper penny/wheat penny or a dime.
    RustyGold and Irishgoldhound like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    9712 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobNC View Post
    I would really be spoiled with that XY Screen and Deus extra options. I used my ORX with X35 11" coil today in a seriously hunted to death place loaded with junk. Still managed to squeak out some corroded pennies, clad dimes, and a nickel from some seriously junk ground. Yes I did dig a couple pull tabs, but when those 90+ numbers pop up it is usually a copper penny/wheat penny or a dime.
    It’s really the only screen I use. Well most of the time anyway. Good luck Rob!

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

Aug 2020
    Garrett AT Pro
    I will suggest you buy an Equinox Metal detector for better service with lightweight.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    31305 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I took my XP Deus to the beach today. First time I suppose this year. Got some jewelry, a ton of coins and sinkers which I can use later. It worked great in the wet sand. Its like swinging a feather. It is also tough as nails. I used the coil with a side to side motion to cover most of the holes! The latest upgrade kills it in the wet sand. The underwater kit, which I have was about $75. You only need one coil with it.
    Irishgoldhound and RustyGold like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links