Best Light Weight Metal Detector

cajunmiss

Dec 2, 2006
SE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
NEW Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett GTI 1500 (board is out)
So, my detector has died. It's time for a new one. I do not detect as often as I would like, but I love doing it and I prefer a top quality detector. I have a bad back, so...if there is a really good one that might be lightweight, that would be great. My preferences are simplicity of use, lightweight, possible water/beach usage and high quality.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I would really be spoiled with that XY Screen and Deus extra options. I used my ORX with X35 11" coil today in a seriously hunted to death place loaded with junk. Still managed to squeak out some corroded pennies, clad dimes, and a nickel from some seriously junk ground. Yes I did dig a couple pull tabs, but when those 90+ numbers pop up it is usually a copper penny/wheat penny or a dime.
It’s really the only screen I use. Well most of the time anyway. Good luck Rob!

davidmiller

Aug 31, 2020
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will suggest you buy an Equinox Metal detector for better service with lightweight.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my XP Deus to the beach today. First time I suppose this year. Got some jewelry, a ton of coins and sinkers which I can use later. It worked great in the wet sand. Its like swinging a feather. It is also tough as nails. I used the coil with a side to side motion to cover most of the holes! The latest upgrade kills it in the wet sand. The underwater kit, which I have was about $75. You only need one coil with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread