First Detector

hudsonlarking

Jul 12, 2020
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple months before my 30th birthday I pulled the trigger. Garrett Ace 300, gotta start somewhere. Now to find places to go since I live in Manhattan. Trying to think outside the box and working on one angle, but welcome all suggestions.

Excited to join an amazing hobby and community.

9170185A-74BC-4DDE-BA82-D83ED9CA67A9.jpeg

Upvote 0

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby hudsonlarking, can’t help you with locations to hunt since I’m out west, so good luck and happy hunting.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby and to T-Net from Oregon!

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:hello:

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first detector was a BFO unit bought about 1974. Found everything, no discrimination.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TRY the beach and bring a penny, nickel, lead weight a ring and try it out get used to the sound or numbers. go early beat the crowd and the heat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to a playground with woodchips under the slides and swings and other playground equipment it will familiarize you with all the settings and write the numbers down that different coins give you, also different trash signals like gum wrappers, pull tabs,foil from juice bottles and if you have something silver and something gold this way you will have an idea of what you are digging before you dig.Although as you will find out gold comes up in the trash range, so you really need to dig all signals.The reason I say to find one with woodchips is you can move them aside with your feet.And if your park has an issue with digging in the park you can show them all the trash you are cleaning out of the playground just be sure to clean up the trash you find with your detector at the same time, it works wonders for public relations for our hobby, just be careful of needles and such from hypes that use the park after hours, playgrounds can be one of their favorite hangouts.

Last edited:

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from San Jose, CA! My best friend owns a Garrett ACE 300 and absolutely loves it! He's not as gung-ho as I am, so he doesn't need all the extra gadgets...happy hunting!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Hudsonlark, I am about 25 miles upriver from you. You need to buy a NYC park permit to hunt NYC parks and a beach permit to hunt the beaches like Jones. May be all one permit, I don't hunt down there. Terry Soloman knows, he hunts the beaches and parks on occasion, you could PM him to ask.

OP
OP
H

hudsonlarking

Jul 12, 2020
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Hudsonlark, I am about 25 miles upriver from you. You need to buy a NYC park permit to hunt NYC parks and a beach permit to hunt the beaches like Jones. May be all one permit, I don't hunt down there. Terry Soloman knows, he hunts the beaches and parks on occasion, you could PM him to ask.

Thanks! Truth be told, I’m not planning on hunting in the city, unless my long shots payoff. My friend live in NJ so that’s where I’ll try and focus the most. For now

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread