Relics in the smoke, alarm clock, tools

DOP

Aug 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everybody,
We braved the wildfire smoke this weekend to wrap up our dig at this old mountain site. We found many more relics and items including hand tools and an alarm clock. The smoke here is really bad so we could only spend a couple of hours on the hunt. Anyway we wrapped up the site and I think we got all the good stuff. We will be donating the relics and artifacts to the museum at the University of Washington which River is feeling very cool about. Well here is the last video of the dig on that site. Thank you again for all of your support and helping us to identify these

Upvote 0

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We live in SW Washington and the smoke was bad! Wanted to hunt but the AQI was over 600 Hazardous and did not want to risk it. Looks like you guys had some fun.

Cheers
9955355C-0310-4D8B-A532-8AE2F74C8239.jpeg

7D7C0721-6C33-427E-881F-290C926220F4.jpeg

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Those big "nozzle" pieces are off of an old wagon axle.. they are called "skeins"
The cans are tobacco cans.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those big "nozzle" pieces are off of an old wagon axle.. they are called "skeins"
The cans are tobacco cans.

Dang you creskol, you beat me to it.
DOP, I can't believe you;re only going to dig that site 3 times. You could spend years there and find tons of good relics. I've been digging an old lumber site since the early '70's and still find relics I had missed on earlier trips.

OP
OP
D

DOP

Aug 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was having the same thought...

OP
OP
D

DOP

Aug 9, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s incredible! Wow! Thank you

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting video. Yes those are tobacco tins such as Prince Albert or some other. The splitting maul piece is not the maul but rather a splitting wedge. If a tough piece of wood does not bust apart with the maul you place the wedge in the split and smack that mushroomed end with the hammer end of the maul or a sledgehammer. Can be used also to aid in felling trees.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions