SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic series, especially liked it when the club president is digging in the farmer's field...

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been a fan from the first season. It was huge hit they got so much good feedback and people wanted the second one. Mckensey hesitated with making season 2 but with all the fans positive things. I got both on DVD. I follow and British metal detector guy from England..I posted a comment asking him if he can ID his Ring pulls (pulltabs) like they guy from The Detectorist TV show? he responded laughing YES super nice guy I recommend following him on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/TheDiscriminatorsMetalDetecting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First day of metal detector school, mate. (They get through a lot on that first day)

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Lordy we binged on the first two seasons free on Prime...then had to get the last/third season from the Library and just finished last night. I'm depressed LOL. I even downloaded the theme song from Amazon ($1.) and I've never downloaded any music ever since Napster hahahaha

OP
OP
A

Aurora1959

May 29, 2019
Central New York State
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What's everyone's favorite line? Hard to pick just one, but how about "Actually, the Holy Grail is the Holy Grail of treasure hunting". I also like the description Lance gives of proper archeology as "scraping dirt off dirt". And yeah, tomclark, the theme song is great..."Would you search the loamy earth for me?"

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's everyone's favorite line? Hard to pick just one, but how about "Actually, the Holy Grail is the Holy Grail of treasure hunting". I also like the description Lance gives of proper archeology as "scraping dirt off dirt". And yeah, tomclark, the theme song is great..."Would you search the loamy earth for me?"

It's "lonely". would you search the lonely earth for me.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love it. Laughed out loud when McKenzie had pawned his detector and had to use a "Mighty Morphing Power Rangers" detector. "It's Morphing Time!" instead of a "beep".

detectorists-3.jpg

rebbel31

Aug 1, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Xp deus, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The scene where all the people stop them and ask if they're metal detecting and if they've found anything hits home. Happens to me every time. Funny.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"Buttons?"
"You heard me. Do you want to come?"
"F***k off!

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More than just detecting. First class show all the way. Love their interaction with "Simon and Garfunkel". Also, how about when Andy goes into the pub and pays for his beer with crusty coins with dirt still falling off them? :laughing7:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dammit, now I'm gonna have to pull out my DVD set and binge watch the entire series AGAIN!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done it several times! Hard to resist!:hello2:

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love seeing detectorists talking about one of my favorite shows! I’ve been watching it again on Amazon it’s really funny

OP
OP
A

Aurora1959

May 29, 2019
Central New York State
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thought so, too Jason in Enid...but the closed captioning on my TV says "loamy". They both make sense. I'll have a good listen later.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought so, too Jason in Enid...but the closed captioning on my TV says "loamy". They both make sense. I'll have a good listen later.

LOL, thats weird. Youre right, they both make sense though.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DailyMotion has the series, I believe, I hope still there.
I watched all seasons, twice....!

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s definitely “loamy earth” in Johnny Flynn’s originally published lyrics… complemented by the phrasing “briny sea” in the second verse.

Lots of (mainly American) lyrics & chords websites incorrectly transpose it from the recording as “lonely earth”, probably through lack of familiarity with the word ‘loamy’ and the ambiguity from Flynn's folky nasal twang.

Great series, and Flynn's soundtrack fitted the mood perfectly.

PS: Flynn makes a cameo appearance performing the song in Series 1, Episode 3 of Detectorists.

As well as being a fine musician he’s also a talented actor. He was cast as David Bowie in the unofficial biopic “Stardust” scheduled for release in London on 28th October. Bowie’s family refused to allow any of his music to be used, so the soundtrack will be original. At the bottom of this link, there’s one of Flynn’s songs from the movie intended to sound like “an early, lost [Bowie] song that people haven’t heard.”

https://www.nme.com/news/film/first...owie-in-stardust-ahead-of-uk-premiere-2755457

Note that, even if your device speakers are turned on, you still need to ‘unmute’ the sound on the clip itself for it to play.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread