Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found the musket ball all the way to the 8 pound cannonball. I hunt a Fort end it is hard digging white shells oyster shells brick aluminum trash you name it it’s got it but underneath all that lied some rusty goal. I probably got the only shovel that’ll break through this brick and the determination not to give up because 99% of the time it just wet it is a rusty piece of garbage out a foot down. IMG_0642.jpg
IMG_0641.jpg
IMG_0643.jpg
IMG_0644.jpg
IMG_0646.jpg
IMG_0647.jpg
IMG_0648.jpg
IMG_0649.jpg
I also got some mid 1700s pad locks and two tomahawks that were way down in the shell pit. The beauty part about this is the cannonball is 8 pounds and the only people that used 8 pound cannon balls were the French the French build a little fort over and Indian mound from 1698 to 1703 so that is an old cannonball Then the Spanish took over and made it bigger and I found two infantry pewter buttons from the War of 1814. I’ve been very blessed this year and I’ve been extremely lucky but I found the harder I work the luckier I got.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Truth. The 8 pounder was, as you said, most likely French made, but Americans were "sold" some of their 4 pounder and 8 pounder guns. There is the possibility Americans could have been the ones that shot it, there is no absolute way to tell.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Truth. The 8 pounder was, as you said, most likely French made, but Americans were "sold" some of their 4 pounder and 8 pounder guns. There is the possibility Americans could have been the ones that shot it, there is no absolute way to tell.

IMG_0708.jpg

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Smoky I treasure my 1814 script I buttons so much more it’s amazing

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Then I’d like it better because those French always seemed to get chased sway. I’m just happy they stayed and started cooking . Nothing beats French Cajun food I mean nothing not even the bread. Ummm I’m hungry

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been following your posts for well over a year now Dean and you well deserve your finds in the conditions you dig in. Great history you've been digging in that fort. Love your display. [emoji106]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread