Minelab bought Garrett - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Minelab bought Garrett

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jan 2021
    White's Metal Detector
    22 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishgoldhound View Post
    So why would Garrett even bother with buying the rights to Whites then if they’re not planning to do anything with the Whites name or product? Makes no sense.
    A company like Garret may purchase a competitor's business, existing products stock, and most importantly - Patents. This is largely to keep others from getting and using White's technology in competition, and / or to now possess White's technology that my have been superior and can now include into their own products.
    That likely explains why they will not continue to build "White's" branded products....the competition is gone and now Garrett will be able to learn and incorporate what might have been superior technology to THEIR detectors line.
    But as in the case of White's...they are not offered to purchase the tangible building nor property. White's will wisely retain that and likely lease it out to some other business desiring use of the facility.

I can understand Garrett's decision to not build "White's" branded products...but I'd hope they would at least continue to build replacement parts for multitude of White's Detectors already out there.
    I know there will continue to be at least two White's Service Centers.....just do not know what the game plan for being able to secure OEM replacement parts in the future.

Some companies would bank on just letting the existing White's detectors getting harder to service, over time, in hopes that the end user just replaces it with a Garrett Detector.

MD
    Irishgoldhound likes this.

us
    The Irishman

May 2020
    Oak Ridge, TN
    Just bought my Garrett AT Max. Going to play with the settings this winter and get out this spring into East Tennessee.
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    most likely they will study the Whites detectors and incorporate anything new into their own detectors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links