Totally new guy so bear with me. Have Bounty hunter T-4 Love 4" Coil

nextgen

Tenderfoot
Sep 19, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
Been using the Tracker 4 and for the price amazing. Found many coins some silver haves and dimes, etc. Live in a G. Washington slept here area and found a 1700 shoe buckle and button. Can't post photos yet due to have to post a few times before my photos are accepted.

Anyway, I figured I would buy a 4" coil due to some tight spots. I am picking up more with the 4 then the 8". I think seeing some of my areas are trashy the 4" is more accurate, not getting false signals from another close target. THe holes I dig are much smaller and are already pinpointed.

I though the depth would be better with the 8" wrong, it is the same. The only difference I can see is it would take me 2 times longer to do an area with the 4" .

Using the 4" on the B H T-4 is like no weight.

My other machine was a Compass which worked well, not as good as the T 4 but also was heavy.

The discrimination is very good but still get Pull Tabs. Can a more expensive machine show the difference between a Pull Tab and a silver coin or gold ring.

On Youtube I hear guys saying oh it is # 45 looks like it is silver coin. Just wondering the major differences between my El Cheapo and a more expensive machine.

Joe

Upvote 0

Armstrong

Apr 24, 2020
Jurassic Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pull tabs, nickels, and a gold ring might register in the same range. So its best to dig all even if it's probably a tab. Silver coins should be one of the highest possible numbers regardless of detector.

OP
OP
N

nextgen

Tenderfoot
Sep 19, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pull tabs, nickels, and a gold ring might register in the same range. So its best to dig all even if it's probably a tab. Silver coins should be one of the highest possible numbers regardless of detector.

HI Armstrong,
OK so the numbers most likely it may be a coin, but it still has the possibility of being a Pull Tab. So it is best to dig all. Hmm, that would mean in areas high in people traffic most likely will pull up more junk, with a lot of extra work to get it..

OK then using the 4" coil would be better in those areas due to, the fact it will cover a smaller area, less chance of getting a false signal from something else the larger 8"Coil may find due to it's larger area coverage. Multiple items in the coverage zone, some of which may be
junk.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A good machine, like a Minelab Vanquish, can easily tell the diff between silver and aluminum. It can't tell you the diff between a nickel, pulltab, or gold.:occasion14:

OP
OP
N

nextgen

Tenderfoot
Sep 19, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, thanks, so that brings me back to square one! Ha, and that is OK.

Don't get out that much since I got the machine but when I do it works and a lot of fun.

One other thing about the 4 " Coil, you do not look so obvious as to what you are carrying.

You know when anyone see a detector " So you do beachers".

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your machine is a single-frequency, VLF (very low freq) machine. It's discrimination is not top notch, and its depth on a dime-sized target probably does not exceed 7". So if your swinging two-inches off the grass, you're getting 5" in depth. When you are ready to step up, deal with a T-Net Sponsor like Keith Leppert, at Fort Bedford Metal Detectors He can answer your questions, work within your budget so you spend your money wisely, and be there after the sale to take care of you because he's a passionate metal detector too!:occasion14:

OP
OP
N

nextgen

Tenderfoot
Sep 19, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry thanks again, I bought the Compass back in the 70's Rarely used it. Go back into detecting due to being out of work due to the Virus and the fact I should have retired years ago. At the moment the T -4 is light years a head of Compass. A dime at that depth is fine keeping me busy.

At the moment as you know I am into a VW Bugs, a car without ,Water, a good heater, power brakes, air bag, GPS, push button windows, remote door opener, Ha I can go on. When I drive it gets me to where I want to go. My two other cars have the Options.

The T-4 and the Bug are good enough for now. Ok I upgrade the engine to a Porsche 914's. Yes it is a bit faster.

Thanks as soon as I am able I will be send photos of what I have found.

Very helpful into.

OH --- By talking to guys like you, I realize most of things are found from the research of the owner of the detector. In his head seeing the how people lived in the past and terrain, like people picnicking in a park. I found a 1700 shoe buckle because I did some research and pictured George Washington and Benadict Arnold on a mountain overlooking the Hudson for English Ships. Bottom of grassy slopes where kids like to roll down.

Thanks again, will let you know my progress. A old Bocce Ball Court is my next target, swinging those balls, things fall off. Found silver in the area. The court was in use, at that time. .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread