Deep search companies/contractors? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Deep search companies/contractors?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Blastrer

Apr 2020
    Southern California
    156 times
    Prospecting
    If you're only talking about a 10x20' area (200ft^2) then why not start by gridding up the area and probing with a sharpened 1/2" steel rod with a T-handle welded on? Any welding shop could make this for about $40.

That's also a small enough area that you could just dig it up and keep running your detector over each layer.

Jul 2013
    1665 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenBoy View Post
    Just for curiosity sake, how many of you guys, giving advices, ever hire a TH or similar service?
    Never.
    3cylbill likes this.

us
    Silver Fiend

Oct 2009
    9217 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Just for curiosity sake, how many of you guys, giving advices, ever hire a TH or similar service?
    Why would I hire anyone to do what I can do myself?
    Noah_D likes this.
    You can follow me in other places.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

us
    Silver Fiend

Oct 2009
    9217 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterJ View Post
    If you're only talking about a 10x20' area (200ft^2) then why not start by gridding up the area and probing with a sharpened 1/2" steel rod with a T-handle welded on? Any welding shop could make this for about $40.

That's also a small enough area that you could just dig it up and keep running your detector over each layer.
    True, a small excavator can be rented fairly cheaply and you could dig the entire area to depth in a day and then break out the detector if nothing was found.
    Irishgoldhound likes this.
    You can follow me in other places.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH
    236 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    Why would I hire anyone to do what I can do myself?
    There are occasions when people just cannot do everything by themselfe. Somethimes, they luck the proper equipment, ofently they miss proper knowledge and experience and in rare occasions - and this might be a realy dangerous one - they don't want to.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9158 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)

Haven't had the need so far, since I already am one!
    3cylbill likes this.
    ​Avitech Associate

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9158 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Is that 200 square feet, or 200 foot squared? There is a substantial difference! Still, if the ground isn't landscaped or valuable in it's present state, I do the backhoe or bull dozer thing to remove all doubt as to whether there is treasure there or not....long as I wasn't paying for it. Those deep buried treasure fables always make me skeptical.
    ​Avitech Associate

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH
    236 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    Those deep buried treasure fables always make me skeptical.
    I am in this type of "bussiness" for over 20 yeares, and have stories and fables for two big fat books, maybe more. About 5% of them payed me to prusue them. Three of them so fare, uncovered the expected target.

Oct 2020
    Ok - I think thatís what I needed to hear. Thatíll be a tough call, because Iím not at all confident that it is there. But thatís a judgment call for me. Thanks to all of the responses.

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH
    236 times
    You can take this as rather valuble exercise. Do the research, try to find out where the "treasutre" originates from (and if it ever existed), how was obtained, how many people had the knowledge of it etc. Use common sence and ask yourselfe what would you do if you ware in those shoes. Bare in mind the time distance impact the preception even with whitneses not motivated to avoid the truth. Make a list with pros and cons and if the pros outwaight the cons, get someone with proper equipment and experience.

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    1523 times
    Truthfully, this is one of the easiest hunts you could ever do yourself.

You stated you know approximately where it may be and second, it's buried. Once the ground is dug and something reburied, as any outhouse bottle digger will tell you, the ground remains notably softer there then in the surrounding area for over 100 years. All you need is a T handle probe, they even sell them premade for hunting holes. Grid off the area and probe it. If you make your own T handle probe, you can even do it for almost free.
    3cylbill and ticndig like this.
    Resident De-Bunker. I'm blunt because I don't have time to indulge your fantasies. Treasure is found down here on Earth, not on Google Earth.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    9158 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I am in this type of "bussiness" for over 20 yeares, and have stories and fables for two big fat books, maybe more. About 5% of them payed me to prusue them. Three of them so fare, uncovered the expected target.
    How many found "targets" were 3 feet deep or deeper?
    Noah_D likes this.
    ​Avitech Associate

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    3758 times
    Prospecting
    Look up "resistivity scans" on Google. Very simple, and it works. For a 3'depth, you want the probes about 6' apart. If the ground is damp, you could probably do it with a 12v battery, and a cheap multimeter.
    Jim
    3cylbill likes this.

us
    Dr.

Nov 2006
    Evergreen, CO
    Geonics EM61-MK2, Geophex GEM-3, GapEOD UltraTEM III, Minelabs F3, Foerster MINEX 2FD 4.500
    11 times
    I am a professional geophysicist who has done treasure hunting consulting in the USA and overseas. I have significant experience in mapping large areas to detect potential treasures, land mines, UXO, and IEDs. I have no interest in your treasure as long as I get paid my fee on the front end. My fees are based on my daily rates, travel costs, and equipment costs. Look at my LinkedIn profile for some data examples. Let me no if you would like to discuss this further. I own GPR, metal detectors, magnetometers, electrical conductivity profilers, and high accuracy GNSS receivers for positioning the data.

Quote Originally Posted by sheltonoil View Post
    Newly registered member, and this seemed like best spot to ask for help since I couldnít find anything through Google. We have reason to believe that a significant amount of silver was buried on a now deceased family members property. It is a relatively small area where it is believed to be buried (perhaps 200 ft.≤), and weíve been told that it was buried at least 3 feet deep. Given that a typical personal detector wonít locate anything that deep, can anyone advise me of the type of professional (in the Atlanta area) - or even a specific person or company - that I could pay to help me locate something that deep? We are a little concerned about the risk in an outsider learning where it is, but Iím not sure how to avoid that. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.
    Ryan E. North
    Research Geophysicist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links