Deep search companies/contractors?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Deep search companies/contractors?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Oct 2020
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Newly registered member, and this seemed like best spot to ask for help since I couldnít find anything through Google. We have reason to believe that a significant amount of silver was buried on a now deceased family members property. It is a relatively small area where it is believed to be buried (perhaps 200 ft.≤), and weíve been told that it was buried at least 3 feet deep. Given that a typical personal detector wonít locate anything that deep, can anyone advise me of the type of professional (in the Atlanta area) - or even a specific person or company - that I could pay to help me locate something that deep? We are a little concerned about the risk in an outsider learning where it is, but Iím not sure how to avoid that. Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.

Charter Member
    us
    An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson)
    Minelab Explorer
    15483 times
    Shipwrecks
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Welcome to treasurenet !!
    Are you familiar with Ground Penetrating Radar?
    Don.....

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH
    236 times
    Where are you from?

Oct 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackaydon View Post
    Welcome to treasurenet !!
    Are you familiar with Ground Penetrating Radar?
    Don.....
    I sure am. Hoping to find someone that has that tech. From what Iíve seen, that equipment is thousands of dollars and would be a one time use for me. I canít find any place that rents that out.

Oct 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenBoy View Post
    Where are you from?
    Atlanta area

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9158 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    How much silver? What kind of container? What makes you think it's at least 3' deep? Most people who bury things, don't dig down that deep. If you think about it, there really isn't any advantage to burying something deep as opposed to shallow. Once something is underground, it's out of sight. Digging deeper just takes longer and makes you more tired!
    Irishgoldhound and 3cylbill like this.
    ​Avitech Associate

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9158 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    If the container is metal, or, the target(s) are big enough, you might be able to use a two box detector to locate it.
    Irishgoldhound likes this.
    ​Avitech Associate

Jul 2013
    1665 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Rent a PI detector and find it yourself if you donít want to spend a fortune on a detector. Grid off areas where you suspect the contents are. A good PI will pick up a soda can at 3ft + Youíd be surprised how deep new detectors can detect larger objects. When I first started detecting, I dug out an old paint can with my AT pro at the beach which was for sure over 2 ft.
    Last edited by Irishgoldhound; Oct 20, 2020 at 06:03 PM.
    AARC likes this.

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH
    236 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltonoil View Post
    Atlanta area
    I am from EU, sorry, can't help you.

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    72240 times
    Confidentiality is number one...

be VERY careful on disclosure of location until you have met with the person in a place of notary and have them and a witness on YOUR SIDE sign a confidentiality agreement and contact for recovery with percentages.

and even then be very limited on any details in which would point to any potential locations UNTIL said person is ON property and ask questions an dig every signal EVEN IF this person says it is not anything.

Agree to do search until found and make each day a full one... until found.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    72240 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishgoldhound View Post
    Rent a PI detector and find it yourself if you don’t want to spend a fortune on a detector. Grid off areas where you suspect the contents are. A good PI will pick up a soda can at 3ft + You’d be surprised how deep new detectors can detect larger objects. When I first started detecting, I dug out an old paint can with my AT pro at the beach which was for sure over 2 ft.
    This is and should be your first move... for the less people involved the better.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Oct 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    This is and should be your first move... for the less people involved the better.
    Thanks to all. As I mentioned above, I canít find a company that rents out anything other than a typical personal detector like the one I already bought and tried. Garrett Ace 250. Thatís why I asked if there were companies for hire that did this kind of thing. And yes, as I mentioned I am very concerned about privacy and will do all I can to protect myself. The widow of the person that buried it indicated he told her it was around 3 feet deep. Can anyone help me on where I can rent the type of detector I will need, in the Atlanta area?

us
    Silver Fiend

Oct 2009
    9217 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sheltonoil View Post
    Thanks to all. As I mentioned above, I can’t find a company that rents out anything other than a typical personal detector like the one I already bought and tried. Garrett Ace 250. That’s why I asked if there were companies for hire that did this kind of thing. And yes, as I mentioned I am very concerned about privacy and will do all I can to protect myself. The widow of the person that buried it indicated he told her it was around 3 feet deep. Can anyone help me on where I can rent the type of detector I will need, in the Atlanta area?

No. You are talking about a high dollar metal detector. Nobody rents those, thats why you only see cheap, entry level type machines available. If you think the treasure is likely there, invest in the detector yourself, do your own searching. You can sell the detector when done and recoup the majority of the cost. If you wanted somebody to come in with their equipment and spend their time to search, you can plan giving up a large chunk as the finder fee, or else paying a very hefty per hour rate regardless of finding or not. This also SHOULD involve some detailed legal contracts.
    Irishgoldhound and Mackaydon like this.
    You can follow me in other places.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

Jul 2013
    1665 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    My thoughts as well to those replies above. Try to recover it yourself first b4 getting someone right away. Like said.. the less who know the better. If you canít rent one I would do exactly what Jason said. Buy yourself a good PI for starters and go at it. Use your Ace 250 first to clean off the top 6-8 inches of targets then try a PI to go deeper.
    Mackaydon likes this.

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH
    236 times
    Just for curiosity sake, how many of you guys, giving advices, ever hire a TH or similar service?
    Last edited by TheGreenBoy; Oct 21, 2020 at 12:32 PM.
    Irishgoldhound likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links