Equinox 800 or 600 ?

Lemarquez

Greenie
Nov 12, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
Good morning all,

I live in France for a year in order to do my studies. In short. I'm hesitating between the Minelab 800 and 600 Equinox. I came across a local store doing a comparison.
https://www.lefouilleur.fr/fr/blog/post/test-des-minelab-equinox.html
what is your opinion knowing that it is to find lost coins or other waste.
Thx

Upvote 0

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Your in the country of France where they make the Xp Deus and Orx. If I were you I’d look into one of these. I was gonna buy an Equinox as well but was concerned about a few of its flaws. The main reason I went with the Orx was the 5 yr warranty, the weight, durability and the compactness. Do your research b4 laying down the $$$.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 800 won't find you any more goodies then the 600. You have a little more resolution in tuning with the 800. I have an Equinox 600 myself and have been very pleased with it compared to my AT Pro. Just don't submerge it, it isn't waterproof. Water resistant maybe, but not waterproof.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there are any dealers in your area, maybe try to test drive a few machines.

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
The 800 won't find you any more goodies then the 600. You have a little more resolution in tuning with the 800. I have an Equinox 600 myself and have been very pleased with it compared to my AT Pro. Just don't submerge it, it isn't waterproof. Water resistant maybe, but not waterproof.

The 2 big differences between the 600 and the 800 are the addition of the prospecting mode and the Bluetooth headphones. So if you aren’t going out for gold nuggets, the 600 is a solid machine.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2 big differences between the 600 and the 800 are the addition of the prospecting mode and the Bluetooth headphones. So if you aren’t going out for gold nuggets, the 600 is a solid machine.

But to clarify, though the 600 doesn't come with a set of bluetooth headphones, you can buy a pair and they'll work with your Equinox 600, nothing else needed. I bought my pair of low latency wireless headphones for about 35.00 shipped, turned them on, turned on the Equinox and it worked right away, no problems.

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
But to clarify, though the 600 doesn't come with a set of bluetooth headphones, you can buy a pair and they'll work with your Equinox 600, nothing else needed. I bought my pair of low latency wireless headphones for about 35.00 shipped, turned them on, turned on the Equinox and it worked right away, no problems.

True. I should have been more clear. I broke my minelab headphones early on and wear aftermarket ones also, which I like FAR more. But like you said. Shopping for low latency is key.

JMac48

Dec 17, 2013

Could you please tell me what brand you bought? I bought some that will not pair.

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
Avantree Audition Pro are what I use now. They are a bit more expensive. About 70 bucks but I wanted over the ear ones. I also had a set of earbuds that I REALLY liked that were about 35 bucks that I want to say were soundPEATS maybe? Then I washed them and it was never the same. Haha. I would TOTALLY buy another pair. What you are looking for is aptx or even better aptx-ll. That’s LL. The equinox should pair with any Bluetooth headphones. If they won’t pair you may need to reset the Equinox.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
But to clarify, though the 600 doesn't come with a set of bluetooth headphones, you can buy a pair and they'll work with your Equinox 600, nothing else needed. I bought my pair of low latency wireless headphones for about 35.00 shipped, turned them on, turned on the Equinox and it worked right away, no problems.[/

Must be low latency regular aptx doesn’t cut it unless you swing like a sloth

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But to clarify, though the 600 doesn't come with a set of bluetooth headphones, you can buy a pair and they'll work with your Equinox 600, nothing else needed. I bought my pair of low latency wireless headphones for about 35.00 shipped, turned them on, turned on the Equinox and it worked right away, no problems.[/

Must be low latency regular aptx doesn’t cut it unless you swing like a sloth

Yes, they must be low latency. This was the model (ArchMage) on bought two years ago and they work excellent, though i cant find them anywhere for sale anymore. I'd imagine there are many other brands of low latency head phones that will work just fine.

archmage.jpg

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the 800 because I needed the gold modes and the 259.00 Bluetooth module that comes with the 800 is handy during the summer months, I plug in my wired ear buds and wear a brimmed hat because those over the ear headphones are just too hot.

907_Digger

Greenie
Nov 12, 2019
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter,Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the 800 because I live in Alaska so I also go for the gold nuggets only have it a few months so no nugs yet but I will be out there next summer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread