Seeking Input From the Non-Garrett Crowd - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Seeking Input From the Non-Garrett Crowd

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    17673 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    i feel you hand me any brand and give me time to learn it and i will do good
    lot of guys that got into hobby because of me - tried to teach them and help them -but
    they figured its so easy - just turn on and go - machines sitting in closet or sold it within the year
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

CAN YOU DIG IT ! yes I can

Jul 2012
    Massachusetts
    GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
    612 times
    The AT works good but I had so many problems..and so many people have had problems..its just not made very good... bad coil , bad camlocks , bad armcuff, box braking off,, box leaking coil jack coming loose from the inside of control box.. screen separating...static wire coming loose inside box.....I think its the worst metal detector ever made...but it works good ,,,, when its working lol... I will never go back to garret... even the there pro pinpointer is crap!
    look at the awesome stuff I have found .MY youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/wiki1979able

us
    Dec 2015
    Western NC
    Garrett AT PRO, and my ancient Whites Coinmaster
    43 times
    So I have had the same question. I grew up on Whites. I had a little baby Whites with the little box and separate coil. My whole family got into detecting. I moved up to the Coinmaster series, etc. and metal detected for years. I still had an old Whites I used here and there, but didn't hunt hardly at all in the late 90's-early 2000's. About 4 years ago I missed it so much I decide to get back into it. I did some research and seen all these videos with these guys doing literal cartwheels with their finds using the Garrett AT Pro. So I bought one. I do not like it. I have learned to use it, but I am moving to the coast of SC this year. When I have taken it down there (I currently live in NC) it sucks. It hates the salt water beaches and relic hunting drives me crazy. If your close to the coast it's noisy, and the difficulty it has deciphering from iron makes me want to quit at times. I have detected with friends who used a Minelab EQ800 and it blew my AT Pro away. We check the same signals. His detected goodies and mine couldn't make up it's mind even when settings were changed. My other bud has a Fisher. It also was clear on signals compared to mine. That has convinced me that the AT Pro may be decent on some things, but I will be buying an Minelab ASAP. Garrett will be riding backup. I really feel for the money I paid for the AT, it is not worth it by a long shot. So much for the drama dudes and their cartwheels! Lol!

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9294 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    To be fair, the AT series are good detectors. In soil and dry sand without much in the way of mineralization, and targets that aren't too terribly deep, they work great. It's just that there are better machines for about the same money that do more and are better at it.
    ​Avitech Associate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links