What trash do you find the most other than, tabs, caps, foil, screws, nails?

AusTexDude

Aug 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me it's cable connectors. Every place I detect that has a cable connection nearby I can find connectors dating all the way back to the 80s. These cable guys just chuck those things everywhere and have been for 30 years and they ring up as a hard solid signal of silver.

Some places I detect I find blobs of what looks to be once molten aluminum. Is that from welding? I usually find that stuff near the lake.

Upvote 0

All About Tone

Greenie
Jan 3, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. You mean screw tops? Yeah, those sound good. Crown caps get disc'd out for the most part.
2. In over 50 years of detecting (and over 100 different schools and ball fields), I've never found one. Aren't those steel?
3. I like finding keys. I have over 2700 of them now!
4. Same goes for brass and copper, lead. Bring them on! I cash in many pounds of those metals every year.
5. If they're brass, stainless, or copper, I'll take them and smile. Steel.....my detectors won't even see them if they're adjusted correctly.

Yeah I meant crown caps, screw tops are annoying too! Footy boot studs, the screw in types, plenty here in australia. They sound good, high-ish conductivity.

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Depends: In the state parks in Michigan it is a toss up between, pulls tabs, beer bottle caps or tin foil. I dig and clean it all up.

On the desert it's bullets or casings.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screwcaps, pulltabs, Shotgun headstamps, 22LR cases. Pieces of aluminum flashing can also be a problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread