Fisher F75 LTD vs Minelab Equinox 600

Dec 14, 2018
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD, Minelab Xterra-505, Whites Prizm IV, Garret Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello fellow metal detectors of Tnet.
I am torn between keeping my F75 or getting an Equinox 600. Will the Equinox 600 truly help me in my finds? I do like my Fisher but everyone is talking about the Equinox and seems to be the best machine ever made. I do most of my hunting in farm fields, woods, and random places. I will also hit the occasional park and beach. The ground by me is medium. I mostly hunt for everything because I like to look for old coins, jewelry, and relics. I heard the Minelabs multi Frequency is amazing and sounds like it would be better than single frequency detectors. So is it worth it to sell my F75 and by a Equinox 600?

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do you need to sell the F75? I'd just keep it and add the Equinox.

OP
OP
Landonthecoincollector
Dec 14, 2018
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m only 15 and not made of money lol

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get the Equinox 600. You'll thank the detecting Gods! :headbang:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never used an F75, but from what I've witnessed on TNet here, they've been very successful machines.

They've been around a while where the EQ is the future evolution.

Last edited:

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I started, I wanted to go with the latest and greatest MD out there. Then I started to look at different machines for different applications (mineralized ground, beaches, etc.). I ended up with 3 great MD'ers. They each have their strengths and weaknesses, but what it really comes down to is this-which one are you most comfortable with and willing to spend a lot of time learning it? Maybe its a machine that is lighter and easier to swing, maybe its one that has variable tones that makes it easier for you to audibly tell what the target is, or maybe its one where the VDI's are the easiest to read and make sense of. Whatever it is, I don't care if you have a $1,500 machine or a $400 one, the one you spend the most time on and learn it inside and out is going to be your best detector. I'm sure both the F75 and the Nox 600 are great machines, but ultimately, the operator is going to dictate which one is best. Sounds like your F75 has proven itself to you, if you don't have a lot of money (who does?) why change?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might regret selling F75. It's not all gold that advertise well.

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F75 and the Equinox would make a nice detecting duo. I too would sell the Prizm and X-Terra 505 if you still have them. The money from those sales would at least get you halfway to the Equinox or more.

I mostly use a Deus and Equinox but the F75 is about as good as it gets for a single frequency VLF. In your medium dirt it will go really deep and you have plenty of detection and tone options. The F75 also has a threshold based all metal mode which the Equinox 600 and 800 do not have. I have done comparison tests with both detectors but in high mineralization. In my detecting area the Equinox 600 was almost as deep as my former F75 with similar coils and had much better and accurate numerical target IDs even on low and mid conductor non-ferrous targets at the edge of detection. To me and the places and ways I hunt, accurate information about the target is more important than raw depth. However, having a great detector like the F75 or the XP Deus for those times I really need to go deep using a threshold based all metal detecting mode is important.

Depending on how well you know your X-Terra 505, that knowledge can help you a lot with operating and learning the Equinox 600. Many of the control symbols, tones qualities and operating principles are similar along with the -9 to +40s numerical target ID range. Too bad the 505 does not have the threshold based all metal prospecting mode like the 705. If it did I would say keep it and sell the F75. To me, the best thing about the X-Terra 705 was the prospecting mode.........at least in my detecting area.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Landonthecoincollector
Dec 14, 2018
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I do not have the xterra or prism anymore, I sold them to buy the F75. I do kind of miss my xterra though because I loved the tones and the vdi was accurate. Minelabs tones are music to my ears

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you liked the X-Terra 505 tones and thought the VDIs were accurate, you will really like the Equinox 600 since the tones, notching, internal adjustments and especially the VDIs are even better plus it is waterproof and has multi frequency. I would definitely go with the Equinox after what your wrote above.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I have the little brother to the f75, the f70, and its a fine machine. I bought an equinox 600 and while I am still learning it, it seems to be very good, fast recovery, multi frequency, bluetooth for wireless headphones, and waterproof, but does as I understand have some leaking issues, but it has a 3 year warranty that you can send in if it leaks for a replacement. Just those features alone make it more versatile in its ability to hunt in different areas. But I would argue that my f70 has just as fast of a recovery.

You need to ask yourself if it is worth getting rid of the f75 to get it. I personally would sell something else if you have it, and keep the f75. Find a dealer to do layaway if money is tight, and be patient. You have a good machine to hunt with until you get enough saved, sell something else, or pay the thing off in a layaway program.

The F75 has a proven track record of being a detector that can find the stuff and last for a long time. I dont think I would part with it just for those reasons.

Whatever you decide, good luck on your decision.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread