need your opinion please! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: need your opinion please!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9294 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepHunter View Post
    thanks guys for your all valued opinions, indeed it will help me choose the right detector for me, i have a friend that owns a german metal detector which is pulse star pro, he didn't use it a lot and it's in great condition, do you recommend it to me for deep big targets and also for small gold nuggets?
    Sorry, I'm not familiar with a Pulse Star Pro. Judging by it's name, it's probably a PI (Pulse Induction) machine. If so, it will have no reliable discrimination. Probably good depth though.
    ​Avitech Associate

Nov 2012
    395 times
    Search the used market for whites xlt, dfx, or mxt. But be warned,, they are not entry level machines, and could frustrate you. But these machines were the top of the line not too many years ago. I have gotten a dfx for 300 used. A used Fisher, teknetics, or maybe a new bounty hunter you could get in that price range. The bounty hunter is entry level, and it isn't a top of the line detector, but I have owned one when I was starting out and found some good things with it. The bounty hunter land ranger pro is 250ish new. The same company, first texas, makes fisher, teknetics, and bounty hunter.

Lots of dealers have used machines they will sell you. Check there as well.

Good luck...

us
    enjoying life

Dec 2020
    roberta ga
    minelab ctx 3030 ,orx xp
    3 times
    hello brother fellow hunter one thing ive leanred over the years you pay for what you get it use to be prices of detectors 100,.00 a inch in depth but now days you can get a pretty good detector that is usually does one thing good if i was you i do research prior to purchasing and know exactly what you want to hunt a decent all around detector is the equinox series like 600 or 800 or even the ap series by garret ive used many type over the years from tesoro golden sabre,whites vmi3,spectrum,minelab explorer,fisher gold hunter, now i have deus xp orx,minelab 3030 ctx my self i enjoy being to hunt everything but every unit has its pros and cons just do your own research to read what others say about using the detector you pick good luck and happy hunting god bless ray

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2016
    FLA
    837 times
    Welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Cat-like reflexes with a sloth-like brain

us
    Mar 2013
    California
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro Tesoro Cibola Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
    3966 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepHunter View Post
    sorry for posting the link, thanks for your reply, so is it that bad! did any one try one of this company metal detectors?
    it's called PIRATE metal detectors. I couldn't find any vender on amazon that sells these metal detectors, only found a few on ebay.
    There's a section in this Forum, for vendors - they should help you a lot...!
    Stick With It - It's not *IF* you'll find the good stuff , but WHEN!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links