Poor neglected detectors languishing unused in closets - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Poor neglected detectors languishing unused in closets

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2020
    Weatherford,TX
    Equinox 600, Ace 250, Whites XLT, MP-35 Pinpointer
    40 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah_D View Post
    Definitely true for a lot of people... sometimes I don't go detecting solely because I don't feel like getting a new permission. I know some people though who own multiple old sites or even live in a super old house but have only gotten their detector out once or twice because the first thing they found was a can.
    I'm sure the articles that make it into the news don't help either. The guy in Scotland who buys a detector and finds a history changing find on his first hunt. Makes people think it works like that for everyone. If only that were true!!
    Noah_D likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3963 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Got an old DFX and Etrac collecting dust. My go to is approaching 20 years old.

Aug 2016
    MI
    E-TRAC
    6341 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Like any new activity, it is extremely helpful to have a mentor teach the new user the ropes. When that doesn't happen, the new user can get discouraged.

I help people learn to flyfish and detect and it does make a difference for them.
    smallfoot and Noah_D like this.

Jan 2021
    5 times
    I've sold most of mine, the ones I keep stored away are ones I've modded and can't really sell, there's two that needs some solder work.

us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    21842 times
    Its like a lot of purchases consumers make. You gotta be committed to what ever it is. I've seen people buy boats, campers, motorcycles, atv's, telescopes, expensive photo equipment, fishing gear, snowmobiles, time shares and a lot of make my like better merchandise and do very little with it. I got a metal detector, but I just don't have the focus thats clearly needed to be successful with such a device. Still its really interesting to see and read about all the stories from those who are committed to the art of finding treasure with a metal detector.
    brianc053 and Noah_D like this.

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    37866 times
    Relic Hunting
    Over the decades I lost count of the heard statement of having-but never using it.
    The best one of the past few years was the Mrs bought the husband a retirement gift-never used it-their home is sitting on the site of the old (early 1800's)fair grounds-the 3 acre field in front of the house.
    Nope the machine sits unused-even the offer of showing him the ways hasn't been taken up.
    I guess the good natured thoughts of one isn't another persons passion.
    Many are just self-conscience, that has withered the confidence to the point where they feel unease at the prospect of being seen out and about.
    If the park setting bothers a person-go to a field-oh that involves knocking on the door-ah screw it-leave it in the closet and forget about it.
    fistfulladirt and Noah_D like this.
    "If it was easy-It would have already been done-Life 101."
    I treat the outside world as one raw very warm wet chicken that has sitting out too long. wash and sterilize everything me touches. pepperj

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links