Nokta Simplex questions

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I am switching from an At Pro to the Simplex so I have a few questions. Does it live up to the hype, and will it compete or even do better than my Pro. I’ve heard it’s great on beaches and water hunting, is it good on dry land/relic hunting? I also ordered the version with the wireless headphones, are they good or need replacing? Ofcourse I’ve researched but want to hear stuff from people with experience. thanks for any answers.

Upvote 0

whistler84

Jun 9, 2015
BEAN FIELD ,IL
Detector(s) used
Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You shouldn't have to dig deep in the forum to observe others descriptions of the simplex. The forum is full of knowledge and experience. I myself have ran mine over the year with no troubles. Although I have not submerged mine. If I did so. I would use a plastic adhesive film over the speaker hole. I did this on a couple of other units and it did not suppresse sounds coming from it. I just look at this as an added insurance on my end. I wouldn't want to send it in on a repair if I could had avoided it. I love everything about this machine. And the added accessories and updates just keep coming.

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my Simplex! The wireless head phones are great, but they do sometimes become disconnected from the machine. Pairing the two is an easy fix though. As far as beaches are concerned, I've only taken mine to the beach a few times (I have another detector that works a lot better there). On dry sand, it works fine, but you'll need to do some adjusting to keep the chatter down on the wet sand. If you ground balance to zero (you can do it manually), its quiet enough. What I love about the Simplex is its ease of use. It really has been a turn on and go machine. It has good depth compared to my other MD'ers and doesn't give me false signals that much. I've never owned a Garrett AT Pro, so I can't offer you any comparisons there, but I think once you get used to the Simplex, you'll like it a lot. Happy hunting and Happy New Year!

BLACKIE555

Dec 6, 2020
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got mine with the pulsedive and headphones in March. Due to the lockdown, I was able to get out and hunt a lot this summer. I like the machine very much. I found 85 dollars in clad. I used the funds to buy a fishing license and couple 12 packs of beer. I haven't found anything of value but I started a good collection of things to add to next year. I don't regret the purchase at all and I'm thinking I want smaller SP24 coil.

IMG_20201206_054804.jpg

OP
OP
DiggerKid2003

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah whistler84, as I said I did some research, but was mainly wondering about the comparisons between the at Pro and the simplex, and about the wireless headphones. Figured some people with experience would have the best answers. Glad to hear everyone mostly enjoys the machine, I held one first the other day and it’s extremely light, atleast much more than the at pro. I’m also happy to hear that they’re adding more updates. As for accessories, the smaller coil is in my future.

CalReg, I’m glad to hear the headphones are good, was worried about them the most. I don’t really hunt beaches, mainly on dry land, so I was expecting I would have to adjust things and ground balance.

bmccombs, the smaller coil is next on my list, gonna need it for the trashy areas I hunt. It looks like you’re doing great with the Simplex.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions