Nokta Simplex questions
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By whistler84
  • 1 Post By CalReg
  • 1 Post By bmccombs
  • 2 Post By DiggerKid2003

Thread: Nokta Simplex questions

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    DiggerKid

Jul 2014
    Spotsylvania VA
    Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
    934 times
    Metal Detecting

Nokta Simplex questions

Well I am switching from an At Pro to the Simplex so I have a few questions. Does it live up to the hype, and will it compete or even do better than my Pro. Iíve heard itís great on beaches and water hunting, is it good on dry land/relic hunting? I also ordered the version with the wireless headphones, are they good or need replacing? Ofcourse Iíve researched but want to hear stuff from people with experience. thanks for any answers.
    Never stop hunting

us
    Relic Recoverist

Jun 2015
    BEAN FIELD ,IL
    Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
    275 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You shouldn't have to dig deep in the forum to observe others descriptions of the simplex. The forum is full of knowledge and experience. I myself have ran mine over the year with no troubles. Although I have not submerged mine. If I did so. I would use a plastic adhesive film over the speaker hole. I did this on a couple of other units and it did not suppresse sounds coming from it. I just look at this as an added insurance on my end. I wouldn't want to send it in on a repair if I could had avoided it. I love everything about this machine. And the added accessories and updates just keep coming.
    DiggerKid2003 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Reg

May 2020
    San Jose, CA
    Tarsacci MDT 8000, Nokta Makro Simplex, Minelab E-Trac
    714 times
    Metal Detecting
    I love my Simplex! The wireless head phones are great, but they do sometimes become disconnected from the machine. Pairing the two is an easy fix though. As far as beaches are concerned, I've only taken mine to the beach a few times (I have another detector that works a lot better there). On dry sand, it works fine, but you'll need to do some adjusting to keep the chatter down on the wet sand. If you ground balance to zero (you can do it manually), its quiet enough. What I love about the Simplex is its ease of use. It really has been a turn on and go machine. It has good depth compared to my other MD'ers and doesn't give me false signals that much. I've never owned a Garrett AT Pro, so I can't offer you any comparisons there, but I think once you get used to the Simplex, you'll like it a lot. Happy hunting and Happy New Year!
    "The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future." Oscar Wilde

us
    Dec 2020
    Union City, Michigan
    Nokta Makro Simplex
    108 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I got mine with the pulsedive and headphones in March. Due to the lockdown, I was able to get out and hunt a lot this summer. I like the machine very much. I found 85 dollars in clad. I used the funds to buy a fishing license and couple 12 packs of beer. I haven't found anything of value but I started a good collection of things to add to next year. I don't regret the purchase at all and I'm thinking I want smaller SP24 coil.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201206_054804.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	1888600

us
    DiggerKid

Jul 2014
    Spotsylvania VA
    Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
    934 times
    Metal Detecting
    Yeah whistler84, as I said I did some research, but was mainly wondering about the comparisons between the at Pro and the simplex, and about the wireless headphones. Figured some people with experience would have the best answers. Glad to hear everyone mostly enjoys the machine, I held one first the other day and it’s extremely light, atleast much more than the at pro. I’m also happy to hear that they’re adding more updates. As for accessories, the smaller coil is in my future.

CalReg, I’m glad to hear the headphones are good, was worried about them the most. I don’t really hunt beaches, mainly on dry land, so I was expecting I would have to adjust things and ground balance.

bmccombs, the smaller coil is next on my list, gonna need it for the trashy areas I hunt. It looks like you’re doing great with the Simplex.
    whistler84 and Ed Rogers like this.
    Never stop hunting

Sponsored Links