AT Pro ?

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
OK, I am going to shame myself and put myself in a corner, lol. 2 years ago I bought an AT Pro and have never used it. I bought it for water use and just never went to the water. I have an old Whites DFX and a DEUS which is the one I use most of the time on dry land.

My question, being electronically challenged is it a hard machine to learn how to use or can I turn it on and go?

Upvote 0

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
OK, but that wasn't the info I was looking for. No need to make a detector water proof when I already have one.

Almost confused as to why I asked the question.

What info are you looking for?? You asked if your AT pro that you’ve never used yet is easy to learn. People answered, including me and said “yes it’s quite simple.” Not a complicated machine to learn. Turn it on and go basically.. use some disc or not your choice. Your question was pretty basic, “is it easy to learn”?..can I turn it on and just go”? Well there you have it. Yes. If you’re looking for more of an elaborate answer than maybe ask a more elaborate question.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, but that wasn't the info I was looking for. No need to make a detector water proof when I already have one.

Almost confused as to why I asked the question.

As was I. I was just curious as to why you would buy a new detector that was a step back from one you already had experience with, when you could have just got a waterproof kit for a lot less. There would have been no need to learn a new machine.....just saying......

OP
OP
J

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Didn't know I had to explain myself but I will.

I bought the AT Pro 2 years ago so I could do some water detecting. Michigan is surrounded by water. In the mean time last winter while out west detecting I got a real good deal on a 1 year old DEUS, so I bought it which is after I ALREADY HAD the AT Pro. Now being 71 the DEUS is a real light and easy machine to use especially roaming the desert 6/7 hours a day..

Irishgoldhound. I didn't question the answers I got. I am happy with them. Everyone else is suggesting I do other things with my DEUS and why I did this and why I did that.

This is a tough crowd, lol.

I AM HAPPY WITH THE ANSWERS I GOT AND I THANK EVERYONE

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My apology for giving you the third degree! :laughing7: I didn't realize that you have bought the AT BEFORE you got the Deus. That makes a lot more sense now. If the AT was mine, I would sell it, or, keep it as a backup and continue to let it gather dust in the closet. I guess as a backup, it would be nice to be able to use it with some degree of expertise. It's a pretty easy detector to use. Much easier to learn than the Deus, so, you should have no problem. Hit a few beaches or parks to get some time in on it. Good Luck!

SlateBeltDigger

Sep 30, 2020
Bangor, PA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a very hard machine to learn. Put it on Pro zero, 35 Iron and go hunting. People told me to start on standard mode when I first got mine but that lasted 2 minutes. It’s basically an Ace 250 in Standard mode and I hate the bell tone. I had no problem learning Pro mode right out of the gate. It’s quite simple to learn the tones and numbers, actually are easier to learn than that stupid bell.

What he said. I'd also like to add to run it full bore on the sensitivity unless the ground is cluttered. I typically just tolerate the noise and run it at 7 out of 8 sensitivity, and once I ground balance it stays somewhat quiet unless I'm around a heavy iron/trash area. Then I back it down to 4-6, but I'm always looking to get one more notch towards 8 lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread