AT Pro ? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: AT Pro ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    jason

Mar 2016
    middlebury vt
    Fisher 1235x
    33 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The at pro is very easy to use in my opinion. I dont understand why nobody else has given you an answer to your question 😕
    Really you can just turn it on and go metal detecting. It has a good target reference right on top of the screen to show you pretty much what is under your coil without having to study the numbers.
    The audio is nowhere near as helpful as the deus, but non the less the at pro is a solid machine that will do the job it was meant for.
    One could go on for days comparing the two, but thats not what you are asking about.
    I think you should take the at pro out the next time you have time. Push the power button and take her for a spin.
    It really is a simple machine to use. Sure it takes time to master, but far less time than deus or equinox.
    I keep an at pro as a back up machine, and that is the first machine that I let my friends or family members use for their first time metal detecting. It really is pretty simple, and a solid machine.
    Goodluck, and let me know what you think after you try it out 👍

Jul 2013
    1829 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonboise85 View Post
    The at pro is very easy to use in my opinion. I dont understand why nobody else has given you an answer to your question
    Really you can just turn it on and go metal detecting. It has a good target reference right on top of the screen to show you pretty much what is under your coil without having to study the numbers.
    The audio is nowhere near as helpful as the deus, but non the less the at pro is a solid machine that will do the job it was meant for.
    One could go on for days comparing the two, but thats not what you are asking about.
    I think you should take the at pro out the next time you have time. Push the power button and take her for a spin.
    It really is a simple machine to use. Sure it takes time to master, but far less time than deus or equinox.
    I keep an at pro as a back up machine, and that is the first machine that I let my friends or family members use for their first time metal detecting. It really is pretty simple, and a solid machine.
    Goodluck, and let me know what you think after you try it out
    I did answer his question. I said it was simple to learn.

us
    jason

Mar 2016
    middlebury vt
    Fisher 1235x
    33 times
    I didn't mean anyone specifically, I just read through the comments quickly and noticed that it seemed like he was having trouble getting an answer to his question.
    There is alot of knowledge from members of this site, and I was kind of surprised he hasn't had more help.

us
    jason

Mar 2016
    middlebury vt
    Fisher 1235x
    33 times
    I just re read the posts, and I guess people were more helpful than I originally thought 🙃
    👍

us
    Jan 2011
    867 times
    OK, but that wasn't the info I was looking for. No need to make a detector water proof when I already have one.

Almost confused as to why I asked the question.
    Last edited by Jon Stewart; Jan 02, 2021 at 09:51 PM.

Jan 2021
    5 times
    I would just get rid of your AT Pro and keep using your other detectors.

Jul 2013
    1829 times
    Banner Finds (1)

AT Pro ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stewart View Post
    OK, but that wasn't the info I was looking for. No need to make a detector water proof when I already have one.

What info are you looking for?? You asked if your AT pro that you’ve never used yet is easy to learn. People answered, including me and said “yes it’s quite simple.” Not a complicated machine to learn. Turn it on and go basically.. use some disc or not your choice. Your question was pretty basic, “is it easy to learn”?..can I turn it on and just go”? Well there you have it. Yes. If you’re looking for more of an elaborate answer than maybe ask a more elaborate question.
    Last edited by Irishgoldhound; Jan 03, 2021 at 11:30 AM.
    cudamark likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9294 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stewart View Post

As was I. I was just curious as to why you would buy a new detector that was a step back from one you already had experience with, when you could have just got a waterproof kit for a lot less. There would have been no need to learn a new machine.....just saying......
    Irishgoldhound likes this.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    Jan 2011
    867 times
    Didn't know I had to explain myself but I will.

I bought the AT Pro 2 years ago so I could do some water detecting. Michigan is surrounded by water. In the mean time last winter while out west detecting I got a real good deal on a 1 year old DEUS, so I bought it which is after I ALREADY HAD the AT Pro. Now being 71 the DEUS is a real light and easy machine to use especially roaming the desert 6/7 hours a day..

Irishgoldhound. I didn't question the answers I got. I am happy with them. Everyone else is suggesting I do other things with my DEUS and why I did this and why I did that.

This is a tough crowd, lol.

I AM HAPPY WITH THE ANSWERS I GOT AND I THANK EVERYONE
    Last edited by Jon Stewart; Jan 03, 2021 at 05:53 PM.
    Irishgoldhound likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9294 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    My apology for giving you the third degree! I didn't realize that you have bought the AT BEFORE you got the Deus. That makes a lot more sense now. If the AT was mine, I would sell it, or, keep it as a backup and continue to let it gather dust in the closet. I guess as a backup, it would be nice to be able to use it with some degree of expertise. It's a pretty easy detector to use. Much easier to learn than the Deus, so, you should have no problem. Hit a few beaches or parks to get some time in on it. Good Luck!
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    Sep 2020
    Bangor, PA
    Garrett ATPro Garrett ACE400
    163 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishgoldhound View Post
    Not a very hard machine to learn. Put it on Pro zero, 35 Iron and go hunting. People told me to start on standard mode when I first got mine but that lasted 2 minutes. It’s basically an Ace 250 in Standard mode and I hate the bell tone. I had no problem learning Pro mode right out of the gate. It’s quite simple to learn the tones and numbers, actually are easier to learn than that stupid bell.
    What he said. I'd also like to add to run it full bore on the sensitivity unless the ground is cluttered. I typically just tolerate the noise and run it at 7 out of 8 sensitivity, and once I ground balance it stays somewhat quiet unless I'm around a heavy iron/trash area. Then I back it down to 4-6, but I'm always looking to get one more notch towards 8 lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links