AT Pro ?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: AT Pro ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Jan 2011
    1,004
    867 times

    AT Pro ?

    OK, I am going to shame myself and put myself in a corner, lol. 2 years ago I bought an AT Pro and have never used it. I bought it for water use and just never went to the water. I have an old Whites DFX and a DEUS which is the one I use most of the time on dry land.

    My question, being electronically challenged is it a hard machine to learn how to use or can I turn it on and go?
    PetesPockets55 likes this.

  2. #2

    Jul 2013
    2,199
    1829 times
    Banner Finds (1)

    AT Pro ?

    Not a very hard machine to learn. Put it on Pro zero, 35 Iron and go hunting. People told me to start on standard mode when I first got mine but that lasted 2 minutes. Itís basically an Ace 250 in Standard mode and I hate the bell tone. I had no problem learning Pro mode right out of the gate. Itís quite simple to learn the tones and numbers, actually are easier to learn than that stupid bell.
    PetesPockets55 likes this.

  3. #3
    us
    "Call me ArfieBoy"

    Aug 2011
    N.E. Oregon
    Compass X-70, II, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass X-100, Compass Judge 2,
    1,379
    1682 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I just bought one last fall, I think it was in October... just before the weather turned cold in my area when it started raining and snowing, then freezing. I have about 2 1/2 to 3 hours on it at this point and I don't find it hard to use. My two biggest problems are learning what the tones are telling me and finding the actual pinpoint spot... seem to be just missing it. It goes deeper than any detector I've ever had before. I've just used it in my own yard so far. I have the 8.5" X 11" coil on it, but bought the smaller 5.5" X 8" coil and will put it on the detector when the weather moderates here. I'm pretty pleased with it at this point but realize I've still got some adjusting to do myself.
    Last edited by ArfieBoy; Dec 28, 2020 at 08:22 PM.

  4. #4
    My AT gold similar machine. Turn on, set it to the disc mode where all targets are gonna signal, bump up the disc to the low end on gold and go. Got the coin and lots of ring numbers memorized. Rarely use all metal or the ground balance controls. Fun machine!
    Jon
    "Let Thy Hand, Oh God, guide me through the ways Thou seest are needed for those that seek to know Thy way through any effort of mine."

  5. #5

    Jul 2013
    2,199
    1829 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArfieBoy View Post
    I just bought one last fall, I think it was in October... just before the weather turned cold in my area when it started raining and snowing, then freezing. I have about 2 1/2 to 3 hours on it at this point and I don't find it hard to use. My two biggest problems are learning what the tones are telling me and finding the actual pinpoint spot... seem to be just missing it. It goes deeper than any detector I've ever had before. I've just used it in my own yard so far. I have the 8.5" X 11" coil on it, but bought the smaller 5.5" X 8" coil and will put it on the detector when the weather moderates here. I'm pretty pleased with it at this point but realize I've still got some adjusting to do myself.
    Once you put the 5x8 coil on you probably wonít want to go back to the stock coil. I put mine on yrs ago and I have never put the stock back on.

  6. #6
    us
    "Call me ArfieBoy"

    Aug 2011
    N.E. Oregon
    Compass X-70, II, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass X-100, Compass Judge 2,
    1,379
    1682 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishgoldhound View Post
    Once you put the 5x8 coil on you probably won’t want to go back to the stock coil. I put mine on yrs ago and I have never put the stock back on.
    Thanks, Irishgoldhound. I got the smaller coil on your recommendation. Look forward to using it.
    Irishgoldhound likes this.

  7. #7
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    11,008
    9296 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    My question is why you would use an AT Pro instead of a Deus?
    ​Avitech Associate

  8. #8
    us
    Ed

    Jul 2018
    Eastern Connecticut
    Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
    1,505
    4078 times
    Metal Detecting
    Easy detector to learn and it finds the good stuff. I'm not a fan of the belltone either so I hunt in Pro mode.
    Irishgoldhound likes this.

  9. #9
    us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
    3,792
    4798 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    My question is why you would use an AT Pro instead of a Deus?
    One good reason would be that the deus needs charging and the AT Pro is ready to go.

  10. #10

    Jul 2013
    2,199
    1829 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    My question is why you would use an AT Pro instead of a Deus?
    I do use my Xp Orx and it blows my AT pro away. I used my Orx exclusively at the beaches this whole summer and it is deep deep. I did quite well with it. I still like using my old school Pro in the parks because I know it so well and I can sniff out gold rings anywhere with it. Sometimes I just like to grab the simple AT pro, I like to hit a few parks with a cigar in my mouth and I just slow right down and enjoy a more calm, leisurely, unhurried kinda day! The XP no doubt is far better and I love how fast and deep it is and I only use the XP for the beaches now.

  11. #11

    Dec 2013
    99
    190 times
    For sure go pro 0. It was my first metal detector I had and was easy to learn. Dig everything lol
    Irishgoldhound likes this.

  12. #12
    us
    Jan 2011
    1,004
    867 times
    for cudamark: Because I bought it for in water use.

  13. #13
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    11,008
    9296 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    You can use the Deus in the water too.
    ​Avitech Associate

  14. #14
    us
    Jan 2011
    1,004
    867 times
    Because the DEUS is dry land detector and only the coil can get wet and the AT Pro can go under water at around 10 feet. I want to detect lakes in deeper areas. Around the 3' mark.

    The DEUS charge last quite while and I have a new truck that converts 12 volt to 110 and can charge going down the highway if need be. I detect the desert in the winter and the charge lasts all day.

    Really I only wanted to know how hard it is to learn hw to use the AT Pro. Not sure why this went in so many other directions.



    Thanks to other posters for your response.
    Last edited by Jon Stewart; Jan 01, 2021 at 08:08 PM.
    Irishgoldhound likes this.

  15. #15

    Jul 2013
    2,199
    1829 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stewart View Post
    Because the DEUS is dry land detector and only the coil can get wet and the AT Pro can go under water at around 10 feet. I want to detect lakes in deeper areas. Around the 3' mark.

    The DEUS charge last quite while and I have a new truck that converts 12 volt to 110 and can charge going down the highway if need be. I detect the desert in the winter and the charge lasts all day.

    Really I only wanted to know how hard it is to learn hw to use the AT Pro. Not sure why this went in so many other directions.



    Thanks to other posters for your response.
    You can hunt with the XPís in the water. Actually the water kit for the Deus and Orx is rated to a deeper depth than the Equinox or AT pro. You can dive to 5 metres with the XP waterproof kit.
    cudamark likes this.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0