Detector in truck

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, White DFX, Fisher F4, White V3i, Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Thats a good idea. I started carrying my backup detector, not my primary, in the car at all times. Kept in the trunk wrapped in padding. I dont think it hurts it in the trunk, unless you live in the desert regions. Manys a time when am out driving and see a potential site. Good luck !

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ruined more than one coil on my V3i by leaving the V in my cars here in Texas heat.

I've learned from guys like you, Mac. I live in the open desert of southern New Mexico. I won't leave a detector in the Jeep unless its in the garage.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have an ORX with both 9” coils and two equinox 600’s one 11” coil stays on and the other 6” coil stays on. Still miss detecting chances cause I didn’t take one that day. Decided to have a setup that can stay in car. I have a spare ORX shaft and WS4 headphones so I’ll keep them with the 9” X35 coil plus mini shovel and pouch belt with pinpointer and digger all in one backpack. Essentially a Deus lite setup for any unplanned detecting opportunity that comes up.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to start carrying my detector in my truck. I see spots that I can detect but never have it with me. In the summer it gets hot is it a good idea to carry metal detector then?

In mild weather, sure. If it below freezing, or above 90 degrees, no.

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Easy to do in Michigan. I carry my DEUS, spring, summer and fall in the truck along with my magnet for metal fishing. The detector is in the back seat so it doesn't bounce around. I found a nice and small padded kids compound bow case and the DEUS fits perfect in .

Being a widower now I roam around allot and I pull over often for 30/60 minute detecting spots and then move on if nothing is found. I also detect lot of known hunting camp sites also.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions