gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida was settled very early on, there are several members here who regularly find great relics in FL. Research, research, research. No, there aren't many group relic hunts in the US like they do in England. There is DIV (Digging In Virginia) held every year, it is a civil war relic hunt and there is a fairly large fee (I heard $200) to enter but some amazing relics are found there. The soil where they hold these hunts is highly mineralized so most single frequency VLF detectors don't work well there, it is best to have a PI detector or multi-frequency VLF for that hunt. There was one group hunt in the northeast, maybe NH, don't know if that will occur again. One pay to hunt event was held in NY for a couple years but that doesn't happen anymore. Most relic hunters seem to hunt alone or in twos or threes, many owners of sites don't wish to have a large group digging their land. Please pardon my forgetting to welcome you to this fine site!!

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the east coast clubs have seeded hunts. There have been a few larger organized hunts, but it's really hit or miss.

OP
OP
S

sjt1803

Tenderfoot
Dec 29, 2020
KISSIMMEE FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
ATPRO, VANQUISH , BOUNTY TITAN 9000,
HEATHKIT GD1290
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read that MD clubs have been doing seeded hunts, certainly not something I'd be interested in.

It's not the same as digging up something that has sat in the ground waiting for 100 or more years waiting to be found

OP
OP
S

sjt1803

Tenderfoot
Dec 29, 2020
KISSIMMEE FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
ATPRO, VANQUISH , BOUNTY TITAN 9000,
HEATHKIT GD1290
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Settled early, true, in St. Augustine. The rest of the state not so much.
I think most don't realize Florida didn't become a state until 1845.
To put this in perspective, before moving to Florida I lived in NY. The town I lived in was founded in 1649

Yes there were forts here to fight the Indians and yes there were some limited civil war battles here in the northern part of the state a lot of those on protected or developed land

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a interesting topic.thanks for posting and for everyone’s advice also

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread