What Have You Ever Found WITHOUT the Detector, While Metal Detecting?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: What Have You Ever Found WITHOUT the Detector, While Metal Detecting?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2013
    Garrett AT MAX
    444 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

While metal detecting I have found various sight find items not found by the detector.

I guess the most valuable would be a broken swiss watch that I got $50 for parts on Ebay.

I have also found some nice goggles, sunglasses, and about 2 dozen fossils, mostly giant clam fossils, some fairly large about as big as a softball.

Also found a couple of cool pieces of driftwood and some holy limestone pieces that would fetch a few dollars.

Jul 2014
    138 times

Seems like once I got into metal detecting I became a lot more aware of what was on the ground and under my feet. I have found many coins, a watch at the beach. a silver ring under a seat at the airport, a wallet with money and credit cards on the sidewalk outside a supermarket, which was returned to the loser, and best of all a twenty dollar bill in a rain soaked parking lot which of course I used to buy replacement batteries for my AT Pro 🤑
    AusTexDude likes this.

us
    Aug 2013
    Garrett AT MAX
    444 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
    Seems like once I got into metal detecting I became a lot more aware of what was on the ground and under my feet. I have found many coins, a watch at the beach. a silver ring under a seat at the airport, a wallet with money and credit cards on the sidewalk outside a supermarket, which was returned to the loser, and best of all a twenty dollar bill in a rain soaked parking lot which of course I used to buy replacement batteries for my AT Pro 🤑
    Check this out. About a year ago I was walking out of a store and looked down and there was a $10 bill. I picked it up, and when I got gas 2 mins later I bought 2 $5 scratch off tickets.

One ticket was a loser, but the other I won $20 on.

The next morning when I went for coffee I took that $20 and bought 2 $10 tickets. Went home scratched them off.

1 ticket won me $100 and the other one won me $25. I took the night off work and went to a fancy seafood restaurant.

us
    Middle Schooler

Dec 2019
    Iowa
    Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet Predatortools
    713 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDude View Post
    While metal detecting I have found various sight find items not found by the detector.

I guess the most valuable would be a broken swiss watch that I got $50 for parts on Ebay.

I have also found some nice goggles, sunglasses, and about 2 dozen fossils, mostly giant clam fossils, some fairly large about as big as a softball.

Also found a couple of cool pieces of driftwood and some holy limestone pieces that would fetch a few dollars.
    I found a working top of the line Fitbit last summer. I was biking at night with my friends and saw a light on the ground, so I assumed one of us had dropped our bike lights. I pick it up and it was a Fitbit with the heart rate monitor on! I talked to the police and they said if no one called about it in a week it was mine. Nobody called, so I kept it and I still wear it.
    AusTexDude and NC Digger like this.
    Check out my YouTube Channel!-Coinboy Detecting and collecting! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCFLxG6yeF6ejxaAUp6vpaow
    Winner of February 2020 Vaughan Garret's Favorite Finds for my 1754 2 Reales!
    “Today’s the day!”- Mel Fisher
    “It’s so much fun!”- Kurt from the Hoover Boys

100 silvers in 3 years of detecting

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    17832 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    36292 times
    Found 2 gold rings in 2 different parking lots while walking because now I always look for lost items while walking, found 2 $20.00 bills roll up to gether like straw in Walmart parking lot.

Year ago I found a switch blade knife and 3 lids in kitchen cabinets of house I shared with 4 roommates after party in Lincoln Ne when police showed up to shut party down for excessive noise at 3am. Police walked in house due to front door being open and announced party was over, anyone not living there leave or be arrested. When to eat cereal next morning and found the lids and switchblade when I pulled out cereal boxes. No one ever came back to claim..
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

USAF Intelligence 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

I exercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

(Per Admins avatars and signatures do not fall under rules for politics.)

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9495 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    14K diamond engagement ring in a parking lot, and many currency bills through the years. A $100 bill blown against a chain link fence at a truck stop out in the desert. Lots of 20's and smaller both there and in parking lots. A few in the ocean too while detecting.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
    5592 times
    Have found over $600.00 dollars in Wal -Mart parking lot, gave $502.00 back to woman and her husband that dropped it. The rest was at different times and didn't see who dropped it and found a 14k necklace loop in the expansion joint of a sidewalk at my Drs. office and have found loose bills in quite a few other spots. Have found rings quite a few times also one was a 14k signet ring with my wife's maiden name initial, that she still wears to this day. You just have to keep yours eyes open.
    back of the boat

Jul 2013
    1899 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Found a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses laying on the shoreline when I first walked onto the beach early morn before anyone arrived here are the exact pair I found..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1611520375.147377.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	217.5 KB 
ID:	1896837

us
    Aug 2013
    Garrett AT MAX
    444 times
    Well I was mainly talking about other things you find while actually metal detecting but I'll run with it. Throughout my life I have always been an outside kind of guy so I have found a plethora of stuff from $680 in a wad laying on the ground, to about $1,200 worth of snow in a bag at a phone booth. Being an avid fisherman I have found so much stuff in my life I forgot 3/4s of it. Just last year I was fishing and saw this branch loaded with lures so I swam out to it, climbed the tree, and scored a half a dozen good lures. Lots of jewelry on sight finds throughout my life, especially in parking lots.

When I was about 8 years old I found this place in the woods and there was a few corrugated steel sheets laying on the ground. I was looking for lizards and stuff and when I lifted one up there was a hole under it with WW2 machine guns in it, the kind that lay on the ground. I told my friend and she told her dad and they were gone a few days later.
    Last edited by AusTexDude; Jan 24, 2021 at 03:45 PM.
    Back-of-the-boat and Debbilou like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    36292 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDude View Post
    Well I was mainly talking about other things you find while actually metal detecting but I'll run with it. Throughout my life I have always been an outside kind of so I have found a plethora of stuff from $680 in a wad laying on the ground, to about $1,200 worth of snow in a bag at a phone booth. Being an avid fisherman I have found so much stuff in my life I forgot 3/4s of it. Just last year I was fishing and saw this branch loaded with lures so I swam out to it, climbed the tree, and scored a half a dozen good lures. Lots of jewelry on sight finds throughout my life, especially in parking lots.

When I was about 8 years old I found this place in the woods and there was a few corrugated steel sheets laying on the ground. I was looking for lizards and stuff and when I lifted one up there was a hole under it with WW2 machine guns in it, the kind that lay on the ground. I told my friend and she told her dad and they were gone a few days later.
    Sorry, I misread your title. In Okinawa I found a lot of WWII stuff on beaches, 30, cal and 50 cal spent shells, bayonet, other items. Unfortunately all were stolen out of my room one night on base while I was in the city bar hopping and chasing girls..
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jan 24, 2021 at 03:46 PM.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

USAF Intelligence 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

I exercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

(Per Admins avatars and signatures do not fall under rules for politics.)

GB1
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    East TX
    Teknectics eurotek pro bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2 used a teroso compadre.
    21698 times
    baseball cards,hunting,bottle digging,coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    Banner Finds (1)
    a small 22k gold band , $20 bill, loose change.
    Irishgoldhound and AusTexDude like this.
    audemus jura nostra defendere

neque deditionem

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel
    34185 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    While detecting, a 1774 Gold British full guinea coin, I spotted it a millisecond before the detector did. It was on top of the beach sand. Several late 19th century bottles while looking for a CW site and three British halfpennies from the 18th century right in front of the detector swing on top of the beach sand.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
    3580 times
    Metal Detecting
    Found some pretty hot babes ended up hooking up with while detecting, great conversation starter.
    Too many eyeball finds to list or remember, last gold bracelet I found a couple months ago was an eyeball find, would have found it either way but I saw the glint of gold before I swept over it [at the beach].

us
    Dec 2007
    CT
    Whites MXT, DetectorPro HH Underwater
    1457 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    $20 bill, dewalt 18v cordless drill, coins of course, a lady's purse on the road with $300, CC's, ss#, etc (returned). Assorted tools on road.
    Oldest Coin Finds to Date
    1737-1760 KGII Hibernia Half Cent ('10)
    1787 Fugio Large Cent ('15)
    1869 Two Cent ('09)
    1867-1883 Variety I Sheild Nickel ('09)
    1900 Barber Dime ('13)
    1929 Standing Liberty Quarter ('17)
    1944 Walking Liberty Half Dollar ('09)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links