AT-Pro Winter Project

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought an AT-Pro as a spare land/water machine for myself, friends & family. Noticed it was a little front heavy so I did this quick mod the other day to improve the balance. (Get you a picture as soon as it will let me upload one to the page.....lol)
DSCN3625 a.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I guess after swinging an 8 pound machine these super light machines (at pro is 3.5 lbs) just don't seem to be a problem for me.
Have you tried swinging that in the water?

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I swing an Excal all day long, frequently with a 15" coil, so weight alone wasn't an issue. I just didn't like the weight forward feel of the thing.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks pretty good, but I think it would be to short for me, but I like the new configuration. This is a mod that helps stabilize the control box that I did here is the link to it it's on Tnet.http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/461284-gold-pro-mod.html

I'm thinking about bringing the control box above the wrist/forearm area. This was just a quick mod, a starting point to see how the balance changed. If I bring the box above the wrist/forearm area it should also further reduce the swing radius in the water which should further reduce arm/wrist fatigue and fatigue on those mounts. So another winter project to play with....lol

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still need to fit the box to the top of the handle on this new prototype but this adjustment really balanced things out well. The control box is above the wrist now, which I really like. So we'll keep playing with things while the snow is flying, see what we end up with?.....lol
DSCN3627 a.jpg

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you figure out a good light set up show that also, I end up hunting late and I wish the screen was backlit or Garrett would come out with something to light these older models, some kind of upgrade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions