favorite finds from a few weeks

Spokanehunter

Dec 29, 2013
Washington
Detector(s) used
minelab vanquish 440
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
20210210_205122.jpg 20210210_204958.jpg 20210210_204912 (1).jpg A Few wheat pennys I found! Along with what i Believe to homemade fishing weight found new the river. Some nice Bullets? I believe .22 .223ish and pellets from a shotgun! the smashed Bullet I found i think is from the mid to late 1800's? Found in spokane Washington? Any ideas?

Upvote 0

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Photos are not as clear and crisp as they could be. The round balls very well could be shotgun pellets, then again they could be split shot stinkers, a good possibility if found at the river. Examine them closely for a seam that may be crimped shut.

In the last photo the piece in the bottom center, a photo of the opposite end would help. From this view it also looks like it could be just the copper jacket from the outer portion of a bullet. Sometimes if a bullet is not constructed well the lead center core and the copper jacket will separate from each other upon impact. Hope you come upon some rings or other cool items at a swimming hole along that river. Gl &hh

Don

OP
OP
S

Spokanehunter

Dec 29, 2013
Washington
Detector(s) used
minelab vanquish 440
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you don!! I hope to happen upon some gold one of these days! that makes since on the separation!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread