Best detector under 550.00 - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Best detector under 550.00

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2021
    Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
    35 times
    Archaic Coins, Relics, Jewelry
    Quote Originally Posted by FenderBass View Post
    The Vanquish is not water proof.
    The series' coils and shaft are waterproof up to the control box. The control box comes with a nice rain cover at least.
    Just one more hole...

Mar 2019
    Minelab Vanquish540, Tesoro Vaquero, BH Pioneer 505
    17 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhuminator View Post
    The series' coils and shaft are waterproof up to the control box. The control box comes with a nice rain cover at least.
    Yes thats true the coil is waterproof. I don't know if Ive ever seen a detector that wasn't coil submersible (from the 2000's forward). Any coil gets soaked in the morning dew or wet grass.
    There are quite a few good machines under $500 these days with very advanced features, we are fortunate to have so many choices.
    RustyGold likes this.

Jul 2013
    1937 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Best detector under 550.00

Fenderbass: I would rather walk around midday with a water proof detector than a grown man whoís carrying what you say looks like a toy sand shovel around,..that would look more tacky to me. Youíre going to get tired of holding your breathe to retrieve targets with a hand held detector if youíre going deeper than you can breathe to detect the bottom. Plus itís very small limiting your coverage and detecting depth is very shallow. Itís a pin pointer, I would get discouraged quickly. Being underneath the water youíre also more unaware of the ground youíve gone over and loose track of covered area. If youíre worried about looking tacky on the beach then stick with golfing. You can get a Nokta Simplex for under $400 fully water proof, this would be more ideal than snorkelling with a tiny hand held coil and It has a-lot better reviews as far as leakage compared to the Equinox. Donít forget the danger involved when diving down to retrieve targets and holding your breathe continuously.
    Last edited by Irishgoldhound; Mar 05, 2021 at 08:19 AM.

Mar 2019
    Minelab Vanquish540, Tesoro Vaquero, BH Pioneer 505
    17 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishgoldhound View Post
    Fenderbass: I would rather walk around midday with a water proof detector than a grown man who’s carrying what you say looks like a toy sand shovel around,..that would look more tacky to me. You’re going to get tired of holding your breathe to retrieve targets with a hand held detector if you’re going deeper than you can breathe to detect the bottom. Plus it’s very small limiting your coverage and detecting depth is very shallow. It’s a pin pointer, I would get discouraged quickly. Being underneath the water you’re also more unaware of the ground you’ve gone over and loose track of covered area. If you’re worried about looking tacky on the beach then stick with golfing. You can get a Nokta Simplex for under $400 fully water proof, this would be more ideal than snorkelling with a tiny hand held coil and It has a-lot better reviews as far as leakage compared to the Equinox. Don’t forget the danger involved when diving down to retrieve targets and holding your breathe continuously.
    Those are some good thoughts IrishGold, I hear ya. But I did say it's not for everyone. I am a pretty seasoned snorkeler. I have some of the concerns you mention. Small coil being one. I have also waved around a full sized detector right up to the control box deep into the water, its extremely fatiguing. and then you gotta go down and get the stuff. The pulseDive is just basicly waving your arm. either type if you go deep enough its holding your breath. Thing is if I donle like it, its still a good waterproof pinointer (has two different ends) so I'm not out hardly anything for trying something and looking for spots know one has gotten to yet. The simplex I do think is probably the best other option i agree. As for Tacky, ya I'm not going to hunt midday on a beach or in water with people everywhere, thats me. At the ocean people are more spread out thats OK, but inland beaches, even in the great lakes they are not that big. Am I going to swim in the middle of the day? yes. I dont like people knowing im detecting. all's it ever does is raise eyebrows. This way, hey Im just out there swimming around! And I'm not good enough at golf to give up everything else
    I dont want to derail the OP's thread - I still think Vanquish and Simplex are two great options in his price range.
    Irishgoldhound likes this.

us
    Nov 2009
    Central Florida
    Fisher CZ5, Coin$, Equinox 800, E-Trac, Safari
    15 times
    Minelab Equinox 600

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links