Best detector under 550.00
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Best detector under 550.00

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2017
    North Texas
    Fisher F75 Whites MX Sport Makro Multi Kruzer
    24 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Best detector under 550.00

I have had quite a few detectors.
    I usually do coin shooting searching farm house etc...so relics/ coin .

I currently have a Tesoro that I love but want something different.

Charter Member
    us
    Travis Mitchell

Feb 2016
    Elizabethtown, IN
    XP Deus ORX, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
    871 times
    If you are wanting to dip your feet into something with VDI and stay under $550 then I would recommend you take a look at the Nokta Simplex $250-$300 or Minelab Vanquish series of detectors. Both have good reviews from many people on these forums.

If you have a F75 and a Makro Multi Kruzer - I'm not sure you will gain much in terms of those two machines for under $550

us
    Veteran 32F20

Dec 2019
    Northern Virginia
    Whites 6000D Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter 202, Simplex with SP24 & Detech Ultimate coils, PulseDive
    240 times
    Metal Detecting
    Simplex

Jul 2020
    37 times
    the Multi-Frequency Vanquish is hard to beat for the price.
    Exhuminator likes this.

us
    May 2017
    North Texas
    24 times
    What about used?

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9724 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Equinox
    Cobradude22 and RustyGold like this.
    "​Jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Charter Member
    us
    Travis Mitchell

Feb 2016
    Elizabethtown, IN
    XP Deus ORX, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
    871 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotled View Post
    What about used?
    used and under $500 that's a whole different can of worms. If you can pickup an AT PRO for under $500 that would be a good deal or a T2 SE or Omega 8000 - They are $550 new though
    I personally have never used any of these machines but I believe they all are considered very good. There are probably half a dozen other machines as well that are a little older F70/75, Racer 2, Whites XLT, & MX Sport. I still see Fisher 1266x, CZ3D, and Nautilus machine in the $500 dollar range and there efficient but very old dinosaur machines that still sell.

I guess it depends on what you want, but I think there is a big divide at least in terms of price between what you get with the Vanquish and Simplex and the Deus/Equinox series when purchasing new.

Too many choices..lol

us
    May 2017
    North Texas
    24 times
    No way I would buy a at pro. Maybe a used ETrac who knows lol

us
    Jan 2021
    Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
    35 times
    Archaic Coins, Relics, Jewelry
    Minelab Vanquish 540
    Hddeuce03 likes this.
    Just one more hole...

us
    Dec 2009
    Delaware
    Sovereign GT, Cibola CZ-20, Sea Hunter II
    31 times
    Do you still have the detectors shown in your signature? Either way, if you are looking for something new, you couldn't get more detector for your budget, than a Simplex+ WHP... wireless headphones that have no audio lag; fully submersible to ten feet; hand-grip vibrate, coil illumination flashlight; 16 hour rechargeable battery, 5 pre-configured quick-select modes that are user modifiable; a true all metal mode (threshold tone), pin pointer, automatic and manually adjustable ground balance (so it works on a wet salt beach), and so much more. All that, for $350~. Nothing comes close.
    Diggin' Delaware
    USAF 1965-1971
    Pilot, MD'er, RV'er, Boating, Ham radio op
    Celebrating over 52 years of wedded bliss

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox / XP Deus
    10354 times
    Equinox 600

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

Mar 2019
    Minelab Vanquish540, Tesoro Vaquero, BH Pioneer 505
    17 times
    I am in the exact same boat! I have a couple detectors, started on a Bounty Hunter, my good unit is a Tesoro Vaquero which has been fun. Several gold rings, necklaces, etc over the years. My detecting time competes with Fishing, Guitar gigs, Golf, Fitness, and has fallen to last place the last 8 years or so. I am thinking about new unit to spark my interest. a lof of new technology has come about since I last purchased a detector. I have been trolling here and researching the web for months, and I will share with you what my plan is.
    First i don't want a new unit for just the sake of a new unit. I want a new experience, so I listed shortcomings that bother me most. First, I would like saltwater beach performance as I take an annual trip to Fla or Alabama. Secondly I have always wanted to water detect in fresh water of Michigan. Not just knee deep, but where adults actually swim. A VDI to help ID'ing will be fun again. I felt like about $500 was a about my limit as well.
    My plan is this: The MInelab Vanquish 540 is reported to handle saltwater well, has good programming and target ID, good depth, and is simple to use. It has VDI properties similiar to the Nox series. With some many other interests I don't want all the micro settings and adjustments. I like turning on and going for the most part. The 340 and 440 of this series can save you some money and still give the saltwater performance too. I feel the 540 has enough added features where its reaches mid-level performance. I am used to that with the Tesoro, it really was a killer and deep--Despite that I still want to step into the 21st century.
    The Vanquish is not water proof. Thats OK because I have a plan for that too. I know there are some machines at this level that are waterproof. Thats arguable as plenty of people have leaks with that. Sounds like many people do. I have decided to try the Nokta Pulsedive. It may not be for everyone, this is for snorkel detecting. Thats the kind of detecting I want to do. Its a pinpointer/diving detector. This thing looks like a sand shovel in your hand. Beachgoers would not even know you are detecting so you could do it right during the day. (sorry I think walking around detecting a beach midday is on the Tacky side) Ive done the wading detecting, i dont care for that much, and its common to see other dectectorist wading so that spot gets checked a lot. I want to get a tad deeper water. I enjoy snorkeling as well. I can get both these units and stay under $550. Hoping to pick up the Vanquish in 3 weeks, when I travel to Grand Rapids to get my 2nd Pfizer dose!

Tough choice, the Nokta Simplex has a lot of fans and a great price, and is water proof. But I'm going minelab this time.
    eman1000 likes this.

Dec 2013
    204 times
    Lots of good used ones such as the equinox and at pro at that price.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
    4188 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotled View Post
    No way I would buy a at pro. Maybe a used ETrac who knows lol
    Kinda crude IMO to ask for advice then flippantly reject it - So I would recommend this, the Whizbeam 2000, not only under $550 but under $50 !

https://www.amazon.com/Hadwin-Metal-...dp/B087M3GCKY/

Dec 2020
    14 times
    The Minelab Vanquish 540 pro pack
    Exhuminator and Hddeuce03 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links