Any dealers or retailers offer financing or have a store credit card for a MD?

W

whyired

Hello all, does anyone know of any dealers or retailers offering financing or who have a store credit card that sell decent metal detectors? I'm on SSI disability at the moment so my funds are limited. Although i can put some money aside every month to buy a detector but by the time i have enough ill miss this season as im in NY state. I am trying to sell some items to help fund the process as i describe in my post in the classified forum. But as the tittle of the post reads I am wondering if there are any places i or my spouse could finance from or apply for credit at. Any information would be much appreciated.

Much love and be well all.

Upvote 0
A

another _novice

My brother doesn't have much money; so he bought an old detector at a garage sale for $15. he uses it a lot. You might consider that if you can't get a store credit card because it will at least get you out for the summer in NYS. You will not get the benefit of the features that discriminate different kinds of metal, but realistically, if you are hunting playgrounds and beaches, you will probably have the same problem everyone else has - you will find a lot of pull tabs. That would be the case with a good detector also.

Here is a probe:

http://www.tomstreasures.com/probe.html

Just a suggestion - maybe do this short term and get the "real" detector next year. Plus, you will find a lot of hunting spots that you can revisit when you get another detector.

Steeler Fan

Apr 3, 2005
I can relate to your situation. I am a college student and money is tight. Have you checked in the local paper or any pawnshops? You might get a good deal if you look around, but make sure you get sometype of warranty with it in case there are any problems!

Maybe you could get a small loan at your local bank and pay it back monthly?

Good luck in your search!

Steeler Fan

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
If you'd be inclined to purchase a Bounty Hunter both Walmart and Target offer a store credit cards. I'd say it would be definately worth it to keep checking the classifieds and Pawns, somone was selling a White's Classic ID for $120 down here in the paper a few weeks ago.

Good luck.

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
credit cards are just a leagal version of loan sharks, plus most in store cards have extremely high rates, i think you would do better with a layaway plan. save your self, stay away from credit cards of any type.

jeremiah212

Jan 23, 2005
kahnawake, Quebec Canada
just do what i do..watch the parks for metal detectorist and beat the crap out of em and take there machines! i got like 20 machines now!

little tip tho..go for the younger detectorists..i have noticed that the older they are the harder they fight back.. i caught this 75 yr old guy in the park last week, i hit this guy 4 times with my tazer and he STILL would not let go of his explorer!

j/k
;D ;D ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No ones gonaa Give up their Explorer without a Fight jeremiah? ?:D

?Whyired ; ? Kellyco has a Layaway if you decide to go that route.

? I think it's 90? days, But you should be able to talk them into longer.?

unfortunately that dosn't help now? ? ???

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
jeff of pa said:
?Whyired ;? ? Kellyco has a Layaway if you decide to go that route.

? I think it's 90? days, But you should be able to talk them into longer.?

unfortunately that dosn't help now? ? ???
I agree with Jeff. I know how it feels to have to wait but the wait is worth it in the long run. No matter how many finds you see here on the net, I promise that we'll leave some good ones for you. Best of luck and keep smilin'.

jimmyprince

Greenie
Apr 1, 2005
some guy stuck me up in a park once with a gun!!!! i fought and he shot me in the leg. to bad for him when he ran with my money and detector i pulled out my gun and shot him dead. i did no time for it.

R

Rich

KevFL said:
If you'd be inclined to purchase a Bounty Hunter both Walmart and Target offer a store credit cards.? I'd say it would be definately worth it to keep checking the classifieds and Pawns, somone was selling a White's Classic ID for $120 down here in the paper a few weeks ago.

Good luck.
dont get a BH!~!!!!! - i know from personal experiance,unless your dishin out 500+ for thier detectors...
grab a 200 dollar whites,...
try
http://www.upstatedetectors.com/
A friend of mine goes through the person who runs the detecor shop,good deals!,also theres great pkg deals,....also i do think they have used MD's in stock,.....if in NY give a call there.....theyll help ya whith your needs!!!and price range!

A

another _novice

You were lucky you did no time. You used deadly force on someone who was running away. That's not self defense in any of the states.

jimmyprince said:
some guy stuck me up in a park once with a gun!!!! i fought and he shot me in the leg. to bad for him when he ran with my money and detector i pulled out my gun and shot him dead. i did no time for it.

jimmyprince

Greenie
Apr 1, 2005
;D ;D it really didnt happen i was just making a point to any would be detector thives on what just could happen.......lol........gets ya thinking!!!

jimmyprince

Greenie
Apr 1, 2005
if you can get a store credit card then you will be able to get a normal credit card with lower intrest rates then a store will give you. do a serch on line for instant approvel credit cards. that way they will give you a answer in 1 or 2 min. worked for me. ;) ;)

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
BOYCOTT ALL CREDIT CARDS, they are no good, many people try to justify them saying they will only use them in an emergency, well eventually your emergency uses, can turn into a financial catastrophy :( .
if anyone would like to know, there is actually a leagal way to buy credit and continually increase your credit limit and credit score. and it does not involve credit card company's or collateral.

Pat.

jimmyprince

Greenie
Apr 1, 2005
How can you say that? unless you are one of them week people that cant handle his or her finance's i have had 5 credit cards for 20 years and i use them all the time.they are wonderful. and i much rather carry them then cash. dont be silly there are alot of responcble people left in the world who can handle credit cards just fine. now GO GET A GREDIT CARD AND BUY THAT DETECTOR DARN IT!!!!!!!!!!!

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
Jimmy Prince... irresponsibility has nothing to do with it >:( , do not judge that which you do not understand >:( , there are many circumstances in life that are beyond our control :( , and from what i've seen of your posts so far, i have serious doubts that you are even 20 years old to begin with. next time you should be more carefull of whom you criticize.

jimmyprince

Greenie
Apr 1, 2005
FIRST OFF IAM SURE IAM OLDER THEN YOU. SECOND,? TELLING PEOPLE TO BOYCOTT CREDIT CARDS IS NOT MY FAULT. YOU MINE AS WELL TELL PEOPLE? TO BOYCOTT? WHITES METAL DETECTORS BECAUSE YOU CANT FIND GOLD RINGS WITH THEM. IAM REALY NOT TRYING TO BE A SMART ASS. BUT I WOULD NEVER TELL ANY ONE WHAT THEY SHOULD DO WITH THERE LIFE. WHO AM I TO TELL PEOPLE TO BOYCOTT ANYTHING. OH WELL TO EACH HIS OWN.NOW IAM GOING TO BUY A NEW PROBE. AND GUESS WHAT? IAM PAYING FOR IT WITH MY CREDIT CARD.AND IF YOU ARE OLDER I MENT NO DISRESPECT.

F

Floater

Re: Any dealers or retailers offer financing or have a store credit card for a M

OK ONCE AGAIN the subject has drifted. All Whyired wants is a detector and a little credit. . Whyiered just PM me and I will arrange for a detector and credit for you.I would suggest the Ace 250 unless you have done some research and are looking at something else. The call is yours. What part of NY are you in. We would all love to know an area since their are plenty of Members in NY who would probably give you a hand and get you out hunting.HH
PS. your not a drug addict or some kinda charlatan are ya.

D

diggit 65

you might want to look on EBAY that's the way I got the one I have now .I got a realy nice GARRETT GTA 1000 for around 150.00 Just watch the seller's rating and you can find a good deal if you look around .

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?diggit 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread