Tejon help

srss

Nov 25, 2007
North AL.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi i am fairly new to metal detecting and need some help. I have a new tejon and need help with ground balance. I have read the manul several times but cant get it. Should the tejon have a constant hum and just change tones or be quiet until over a target? when i walk it goes from quiet to tone constant. Thanks for any help.
Steve

Upvote 0

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, And welcome i never had a Tejon or did ground balance on a Tesoro .But i do know they have a video on ground balance on thier web site i have been to it....www.tesoro.com... it is very good information on how to ground balance........................................ ==Jim==

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you in all metal mode? If in all metal you will have a constant tone, if in discrim mode it will be quiet until over a target. If you have the sensitivity set too high you will get a lot of chatter. Definitely check out the video at the Tesoro site, it is a lot easier to follow than the manual.

Scott_B

Jan 20, 2007
The threshold tone will be wavering around, that's just how the Tejon is, mine does it. When you ground balance try pulling back the pin point trigger and ground balance it in the pinpoint mode. Listen for a tone when you lower it to the ground. If you hear the tone get louder as you near the ground turn the ground balance knob a little negative, keep bobbing the coil up and down to listen for the change. If you hear a tone when you lift it up from the ground then turn the know towards the positive side. When you don't hear any change when you bob the coil up and down then it is ground balanced. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
As already mentioned the Tesoro forum will answer your questions. Your question has been asked many times before there.
http://www.tesoro.com/ubbthreads/

OP
OP
srss

srss

Nov 25, 2007
North AL.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. I played with it today and learned alot. Thanks again
Steve

OP
OP
srss

srss

Nov 25, 2007
North AL.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also was going to ask when relic or coin hunting should i hunt in all metal mode or what. Thanks
Steve

Scott_B

Jan 20, 2007
SRSS,
You could relic hunt in all metal mode, it you use any discrimination you minght miss some iron relics. If that is what you are looking for. For coin hunting I would say that disc mode is the way to go.
For coin hunting one suggestion is to set Disc 1 to accept a nickel and Disc 2 to break up on a pulltab. So if you get a signal in Disc 1 and it breaks up in Disc 2 then you have a pull tab. If you get a good signal in Disc 1 and 2 then you should have a penny, dime, or a quarter.
Scott

Scott_B

Jan 20, 2007
SRSS,
I have a PDF of Tejon tips that someone over at the Tesoro forums sent me. I can send it to you in an email if you would like it.

OP
OP
srss

srss

Nov 25, 2007
North AL.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott if you dont mind i would love to have them. Thanks
Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread