1812 Hardee Hat pin?

Jlefebvre

Jul 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone identify this pin? It was found on a 1700 property along the Maine coast. Screenshot_20210520-195340_Messages.jpg

Upvote 0

too_pointer

Apr 24, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro.
Garrett " Carrot " Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet that is " one of a kind". I would think custom made for the people in the house, just curious what it is ?
too_

OP
OP
J

Jlefebvre

Jul 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone who sees it has never seen anything like it before. Ten feet away was a civil war button .

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a really nice find. I had never even heard of a Hardee hat pin before so I googled it. From the few I looked at it seemed the upper part from the top of the wings to the head were more filled in with background. Any hallmarks on the back?

We have some very sharp and knowledgeable folks on here that go into Civil War relic hunting and after a day of your posting I would have thought more would have chimed in by now.

Don

OP
OP
J

Jlefebvre

Jul 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had it posted in another thread and DCMatt figured it out. 89F2962D-9EF7-4394-8057-1B0B769479A2.png

OP
OP
J

Jlefebvre

Jul 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look at this one you will see the fouled anchor it has the entire anchor and mine is missing the lower half. I suspect mine may be an earlier issue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions