What's the single most important feature on each detector you have?

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka GT 24",God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload, Harbor freight 9 function, Cintech pinpointer, Determination
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have recently picked up a Harbor freight 9 function metal detector. The single reason why I chose this was the tone break feature. I can pull coins and rings out of a nail pile.
On my Gold Racer, it's the ability to hear the tiny bits I'm looking for. So, it's 56k frequency is why I have that for prospecting.
For the Compadre, it's the pure simplicity. One knob. I can detect in the beach while looking around at the beautiful scenery and thumb the disc without even looking down.
I have the Cintech pinpointer to go with the HF9 because it's inexpensive. And it works good enough for coins.
I have the Whites TRX because of it's depth of detection. I like to know if the target is at least within a few inches, on coins. It hits on gold ok too! (Water proof is second but necessary on the river prospecting.)
There is my primary reasons for each. What's your reason for yours?

Upvote 0

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ORX gives a slight iron grunt as you back off an object. It has never failed me yet. It is a pretty solid indicator that its trash - very effective on bottle caps

Vista X - toggle switch for dual discrimination (aka Tesoro Tejon) excellent in the fields or parks if you want to be picky

honorable mention - Whites V3i - X/Y Screen and color graph on Multi-Freq - Still no other detector that has this feature

mh9162013

Mar 22, 2019
KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs F2, Equinox 600, Pro-Find 35, & Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fisher F2 = Its simple controls
Vanquish 340 = MIQ
AT Max = Ground balancing
Garrett Carrot = Simple one-button operation
Fisher F-Pulse = Sensitivity and closing/proportional/ratcheting range

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread