Where to find silver and old coins in parks!

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my latest video I discuss where I find silver and old coins in parks and public areas. Hopefully this information will be useful especially to those newer to detecting.

I also hoped this might start a conversation here and other members can share their thoughts and experiences. This could be helpful to all detectorists. As I'm sure there are some areas or factors that we all missed when hunting parks and looking for that ever more elusive silver! Hope you all enjoy and I look forward to hearing others thoughts here.

Upvote 0

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video Ben and great information! I find that when I'm detecting a large, old part, I force myself to go very slow and pick out a tree that's maybe 100' away and slowly detect towards it, covering every square foot of ground instead of wandering around trying to cover as much ground as possible.

OP
OP
detectorben

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video Ben and great information! I find that when I'm detecting a large, old part, I force myself to go very slow and pick out a tree that's maybe 100' away and slowly detect towards it, covering every square foot of ground instead of wandering around trying to cover as much ground as possible.
Thanks! Yes that is a good technique also. I tend to use trees or other landmarks as guides as well when I grid hunt an area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread