Detecting in Mexico.. Have any of yall done it?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, and the area I go to has the same level warning as Somalia [level 4] . It is beyond absurd, and I have lost lots of respect for state department travel warnings.

I am resigned to the fact our Government does not want us to travel, ANYWHERE!

There has been travel warnings to Mexico for years, it didn't just start. Any American who decides to travel to Mexico is taking their life in their own hands.

"[h=1]Mexico: Where More Americans Are Murdered Than In All Other Foreign Countries Combined"[/h]
Mexico: Where More Americans Are Murdered Than In All Other Foreign Countries Combined (forbes.com)

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has been travel warnings to Mexico for years, it didn't just start. Any American who decides to travel to Mexico is taking their life in their own hands.

"[h=1]Mexico: Where More Americans Are Murdered Than In All Other Foreign Countries Combined"[/h]
Mexico: Where More Americans Are Murdered Than In All Other Foreign Countries Combined (forbes.com)

NO, that is incorrect and just fear mongering. The last death in our area was four years ago when the guy who hired strippers for sex, robbed him [supposedly] But then the genius went back at 4:30 in the morning to complain where he picked up the hookers. Well, he won't do that again.

If you actually look at the numbers of decent Americans getting killed and not like the person I just mentioned, the death rate is very low.

If anyone cares, here is the incident!

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/sd-me-shooting-20180108-story.html

Last edited:

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't kid yourselve there are many people that go missing and are never found that are not listed as victums of crime down there and the further south you go the worse it is. They see people from the USA as all being rich and like someone else said, see us as a paycheck. The rersort areas and nothern Mexico are much much safer.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO, that is incorrect and just fear mongering. The last death in our area was four years ago when the guy who hired strippers for sex, robbed him [supposedly] But then the genius went back at 4:30 in the morning to complain where he picked up the hookers. Well, he won't do that again.

If you actually look at the numbers of decent Americans getting killed and not like the person I just mentioned, the death rate is very low.

If anyone cares, here is the incident!

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/sd-me-shooting-20180108-story.html

Below per U.S. Federal government numbers of Americans murdered in Mexico, does not include robberies or other crimes.

67 Americans murdered in Mexico 2018
70 Americans murdered in Mexico 2019
55 Americans murdered in Mexico 2020

U.S. Citizen Deaths Overseas (state.gov)

Above are just the numbers murdered the last 3 years, add to that another "324 American citizens have vanished since 2006 and not been found, according to the Mexican federal government’s official tally of the missing. That compares with more than 70,000 missing Mexicans."

When Americans go missing in Mexico, U.S. officials have to tell loved ones 'go to Mexico' - The San Diego Union-Tribune (sandiegouniontribune.com)

"A 13-year-old boy from Oklahoma was shot dead in Mexico while driving home from a holiday vacation with his family."
American teen shot dead in Mexico while vacationing with family (nypost.com)

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Below per U.S. Federal government numbers of Americans murdered in Mexico, does not include robberies or other crimes.

67 Americans murdered in Mexico 2018
70 Americans murdered in Mexico 2019
55 Americans murdered in Mexico 2020

U.S. Citizen Deaths Overseas (state.gov)

Above are just the numbers murdered the last 3 years, add to that another "324 American citizens have vanished since 2006 and not been found, according to the Mexican federal government’s official tally of the missing. That compares with more than 70,000 missing Mexicans."

When Americans go missing in Mexico, U.S. officials have to tell loved ones 'go to Mexico' - The San Diego Union-Tribune (sandiegouniontribune.com)

"A 13-year-old boy from Oklahoma was shot dead in Mexico while driving home from a holiday vacation with his family."
American teen shot dead in Mexico while vacationing with family (nypost.com)

There is inherent risk stepping our your door. Best for you to stay there?

In your lust for "numbers" you forget about the stories {like I posted]

Do you know how many of these "Americans" killed are actually living there?
Do you know how many of these "Americans" that die are involved in illegal trade/sales. MAY BE YOU SHOULD.

bfloyd4445

May 18, 2015
Sacramento Ca. or Drain Or. USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Other
No I don't know and neither do you. You can find info on the net to support any position you wish but that doesn't make it accurate unless documented and most isn't. Are you saying that because some "Americans" are hiding down there and others are involved in illegal activities that it is perfectly safe and statistics on crime is false?

you missed the point. I'm not implying in any way that you shouldn't go, i"m saying there is plenty of evidence of increasing danger the further you travel away from tourist traps that you should be aware of.
Even the Mexican government says that and that help can be a very long time in arriving.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Mexico.html

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I don't know and neither do you. You can find info on the net to support any position you wish but that doesn't make it accurate unless documented and most isn't. Are you saying that because some "Americans" are hiding down there and others are involved in illegal activities that it is perfectly safe and statistics on crime is false?

you missed the point. I'm not implying in any way that you shouldn't go, i"m saying there is plenty of evidence of increasing danger the further you travel away from tourist traps that you should be aware of.
Even the Mexican government says that and that help can be a very long time in arriving.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Mexico.html

Sometimes I try to help educate. For 30 years I have traveled to Mexico, for the last 15 I spend 4 plus months there. I would like to say most Americans who live in Mexico are not hiding.

Do you know how many American Citizens live full time in Mexico? There is approximately 1 million.

Chicago 234 square miles. Deaths so far this year 294 people

Mexico 761,600 square miles Deaths of Americans in 2020 55 people

Again, it pays to be a smart tourist. But fallacies and misconceptions should not lead the way.

One death anywhere is too many for me.

midalake

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No, what I am saying is with 1 Millions Americans living in Mexico and another 34 million or so visiting not everything is as simple as you see it.

MANY of those living there and visiting engage in activities that are flat out illegal not only in the United States but Mexico too. Guess what?
Do stupid things, win stupid prizes. That stupid prize might be your death!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions