dand

dand

Sep 6, 2007
STAFFORD, VA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX-4500 & F75-LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Gypsy, good idea. Don't really plan on being out in the rain if I can help it but living in Seattle , well you know.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also those little plastic bowl covers with elastic draw string for storing leftover food work great. they come in a variety of sizes and color

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
cwnut got it. I have been using the bowl covers for about 4 years now. They can be hard to find. Super Walmart usually has them. They fit in your pocket and are nice to have if there is a chance of rain.

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you have pic of this, so I can get some too, it's starting to rain here in California and I like to out and do it in the rain

JC

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been known to wrap/tie the control box up in a couple of plastic grocery bags - one facing forward and one facing backwards. Effective and easy and one size fits all.

HH!
TBGO

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Don't mean to highjack but I worry about resting my MXT on the ground, especially beach sand. I've thought about making some little legs or something. A towel to set it on makes me have to relocate the target, ideas?

Highwater

Nov 3, 2007
Shasta County, CA.
Detector(s) used
White's: XLT, MXT, Tesoro: Sand Shark, Tiger Shark. Fisher: 1266X. Minelab: Musketeer.
Detector Stand::::::::::: Here are three stands to look at.

E-bay item numbers::: 220180109138 ,,, 290187730157 ,,, 280180401348

The number three stand looks like something you could build yourself if you are handy. HH Highwater

OP
OP
dand

dand

Sep 6, 2007
STAFFORD, VA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX-4500 & F75-LTD
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you to everyone for your replies. Thank you Highwater for the website to checkout.

Awesome and knowledgable group of people at this site. dand

midnightcaller

Apr 13, 2005
Snohomish Area
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab
Thanks Gypsy, good idea. Don't really plan on being out in the rain if I can help it but living in Seattle , well you know.

Rain???? I was out in the snow last weekend that was fun

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions