Jumping Back In

Parabellum476

Jul 16, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to give detecting another go after 5 - 6 years of being away from it. Taking the advice of a dealer, I went from looking at the AT Max to going with the Equinox 600 which fell into a comfortable price range. Added a Garrett AT PP and Lesche digger, and I'm eager to hit some of my old areas again. I'm coming from an AT Pro, and was hoping to get some insight to some of the differences between the two machines. I know it's multi frequency and supposedly does well on salt beaches which is a plus living in the Northeast. As anything else changed since I've been away? Been hitting YouTube as well. Thanks!

Upvote 0

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to TN
Probably there's a few similar queries in the subsection.

Equinox

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good choice on detectors. It's pretty much the best all around detector on the market today and will outperform almost every other machine in most general hunting circumstances. Getting the 800 would have added a bit more adjustability and 2 gold modes along with a wireless set of headphones. The headphones can be added to yours however, and gives you some extra freedom from being tethered to the detector. A big plus in my book. There are some added coil options that might be advisable depending your hunting venues. Personally, I love the big coils for beach hunting. You can cover so much more area without losing small target response. The tiny coils are great too if you hunt very trashy areas or next to large metal objects, such as fences and playground equipment.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread