Anyone living in other state hunted CW relics in Atlanta in the past?

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since Sherman actually an engineering student at West Point and had mapped most of north Ga any areas along his army’s line of March is worth checking. I 75 and I 16 are almost the original line of his March If you are serious That’s a good start. Much has been destroyed by progress But a wise hunter will spend time driving some of the back roads looking for possible sites. There are stilll some where you an hunt on pvt property but as always your time in research is 90% of the battle. Find a book call. The March to Atlanta. And read it. You will be surprised at what you will find. The army sent out flanks which are usually identified in the maps. Make it your mission to spend a day at Kennesaw Battlefield. That area was primo 20 years ago when they began the strip mall and subdivision building. When in Kennesaw visit Wild mans shop. Across from the General locomotive center. Wild man was digging the Kennesaw are for 50 years has some great items. There is a Georgia Digger and relic collectors show I believe in Marietta in mid August. A lot of local diggers still show up there. Might be a good point of contact. See if you can locate the show dates if not PM me and I will check my contacts. Good Luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread