Little Bit of a beach detector.....and

Korban

Nov 2, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Xterra 30, Sov GT
I would like to get a detector that would work as a beach detector (not in the water) and as a detector for parks and lawns. Im mainly interested in coins and tokens, maybe some jewelry. I also might be working in some wet sand or saltwater wet sand. Im hoping to stay in the 800 dollar range but I can bend a little either way. What would be a good machine to fit my needs?

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO I would suggest you check the Minelab Sovereign GT.

It is not waterproof so you can not get the controls wet, but it works really great on the salt beaches, and as deep in the surf as you dare chance it, just remember it is not waterproof. It is also a great machine on the land.

It mounts to the shaft but you can also neck or chest mount the controls if going into the water, and waist mount it if not in the water. If it was me I would get the "S" harness, it help support the coil and shaft and makes it possible to hunt all day with no arm fatigue.

Sov GT is a great combination for land and salt water beach detecting.

Here is a link for some reviews on it. http://metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/162-1-minelabsovereigngt.html

There is a reason when you go to the beaches most of your competition is using Minelab Excaliburs and Sovereigns. Personally I wish they would stop using them. ;D

Check with TonyinCt from this website, I got mine new from him. He can answer any and all questions you may have and you can trust him.

Good luck and good hunting.

trashdude

Nov 21, 2007
Cocoa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, QXT, Beach Hunter, Vibra-Tector 730
korban,

With a budget of $800, the worlds your oyster. It's a matter of preference really. Whites, Fisher, Garrett, Minelab----all are great. I use Whites and that's what I prefer. Good luck hunting. ;D

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others
Not many people realize this, but a CZ-70, cz-7, and cz-6 can be run clear into the lowest amount of discrimination (allowing iron and everything else too) using notch and get EXTREME depth on coins on the nasiest of beaches. I got more depth out of my cz-70 doing this than I do with an Explorer, Sovereign, Compass, DFX, or any other detector searching in zero discrimination. When I bought my cz Fisher told me this would be the case, and they knew what they were talking about. If I told you the depth I get you wouldn't believe it, but it's fantastic. In this mode though and using such low discrimination I get about two more inches of depth than in all-metal. If I cancel iron I get about 2 inches less, a substantial difference, but the audio works full-time anyway, and so does the bell tone for big targets. In iron discrimination though, the Compasses ALWAYS beat the other detectors for depth on high salt/iron beaches...

I would consider a cz. And BTW, in over 3 years I've only found 4 nails with my cz.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread