Equinox or galette apex
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Minelab Matt
  • 1 Post By rjw4law
  • 2 Post By bc5391

Thread: Equinox or galette apex

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2012
    York
    Ace 250 Sovereign GT Minlab Safari
    15 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Equinox or galette apex

Comparison between minelab equinox 600 and Garett apex and why

us
    Mar 2012
    York
    Ace 250 Sovereign GT Minlab Safari
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by metalhead View Post
    Comparison between minelab equinox 600 and Garett apex and why
    I miss spelt Garrett I was not paying attention

gb
    I'm the best eva, the most vicious brutal champion eva.

Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    Equinox 800. Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
    585 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Really? Minelab equinox or Garrett apex? Are you serious?

Matt
    midalake likes this.

us
    Jul 2015
    SoCal
    Whites SST Whites GoldMaster e series
    155 times
    Nox over apex, just because Minelab is the standard by which all detectors are judged. Multi frequency, single frequency- better target separation, deeper. I could go. Now I say this without trying the apex. I'm sure the Apex is a fine machine, IMHO Minelab is the best. You might lookout for nox 800, you might get interested in gold prospecting nox 800 with a small coil is almost as good as a monster 1000.

us
    Apr 2007
    Missouri
    AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
    176 times
    Relic Hunting
    as much as I love Garrett .... Apex or Minelab......sorry I am disappointed in the Apex....but maybe Apex updates may improve
    bc5391 likes this.
    Have detector, Will Travel RJW

us
    Mar 2018
    Minelab GPX 4000, XP Deus, Garrett Infinium, Whites TDI, Minelab Equinox 600
    31 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Owned a 600 when they first came out and later upgraded to the 800. Owned an Apex when it first came out and after about 50-70 hours of use at parks, ghost towns and field hunting for relics sold it. IMO I can't think of one thing the Apex does better that an Equinox performance wise. The Apex 6 by 11 coil might unmask slightly better than the Equinox 5 by 10 coil. But you really have to be on your game when using the Apex due to target ID getting pulled down so low on the Apex. The Equinox at a slight disadvantage on the other hand locks on to targets in iron better and the target ID is much better making a dig not dig decision a lot easier. Simultaneous multi frequency is the main consideration when looking at the Apex vs the Equinox. There's just no way the Garrett is in the same league as Minelab when it comes to multi frequency. Apex costs less than the Equinox 600. If you only had $450 to spend, maybe a consideration. But even then there are better performing metal detectors at that price or less. Monte seems to like the Apex, I think he has 3.

us
    Sep 2016
    Southern Arizona
    Minelab ,XP
    145 times
    I had the Nox 800 for 3 years, just sold it because of my shoulder. I bought the Apex the beginning of the year, kept it for 2 months, it was a total POS, but then again $800 machine compared to a $400 machine. But don't take it from me lets use facts, both were sold on Ebay, the $800 machine sold for $780, the $400 machine sold for $250, 3 years old VS 2 months old, granted I bought the 800 with the veterans discount 15% off, and it was a bit less when it first came out, so I got back more than I paid.

The Apex was sent back to the factory within a month after purchase, they said they repaired it (bull). If you watch any advertising on it, it is supposed to separated coins from iron, not the one I had. I was detecting and abandoned resort and was not getting many targets (just as it was in parks) then I spotted a copper penny next to some iron, the Apex did not see the penny. I took the garrett back to my truck and got the Deus, life was good. Yes I tried every setting, coins, us coins, jewelry, the Apex did not see or separate the coins, if there was more than 1 coin together, it would only see 1, the deus and nox saw all of the coins, regardless of how fast you moved.

So if you want to leave most of your targets in the ground, buy the Apex.
    cpomike13 and dsrtdwg1 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox / XP Deus
    10574 times
    No question, the Equinox 600.

You just have to make sure your skin is thicker than your coat.

Sponsored Links