Do you need a permit to detect at Sebastian Inlet/Bay?

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Hi all: the wife is busting my chops about asking the following: we're planning to detect at Sebastian Inlet/Bay this coming January. She feels it would be a great misfortune to find out after we arrive that a permit is needed. Do any of you have any experience with this and will you share your knowledge? We will appreciate it. Add any useful information as to where to go and who to see in case a permit is needed.

Here in New York City a permit is needed for Parks and Beaches. The permit is good for a year.

Looking forward to your replies.

Upvote 0

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
No permit is required, but check with park officials before you do any detecting. NO water hunting is permitted at that area due to Treasure Fleet Leases.

Also, you might want to be warned that Florida is experiencing a very bad Red Tide in this area. It is so bad that it is affecting people living on the coastal areas. Coughing, sneezing etc... some folks are wearing surgical masks near the beach at Patrick Air Force Base and Coco Beach.

I can not say for sure how bad it is at Sebastian Intlet because it is about 40 miles futher south. I have personally experienced this problem with the Red Tide. As soon as I exited my car at the beach, I started coughing and sneezing. It got so bad I had to leave and I was not there very long. Not trying to scare you, just passing along what is going on in this area.

HH
Ray S.

OP
OP
Silver Fox

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Ray S ECenFL said:
No permit is required, but check with park officials before you do any detecting. NO water hunting is permitted at that area due to Treasure Fleet Leases.

Also, you might want to be warned that Florida is experiencing a very bad Red Tide in this area. It is so bad that it is affecting people living on the coastal areas. Coughing, sneezing etc... some folks are wearing surgical masks near the beach at Patrick Air Force Base and Coco Beach.

I can not say for sure how bad it is at Sebastian Intlet because it is about 40 miles futher south. I have personally experienced this problem with the Red Tide. As soon as I exited my car at the beach, I started coughing and sneezing. It got so bad I had to leave and I was not there very long. Not trying to scare you, just passing along what is going on in this area.

HH
Ray S.
Thank you for your most helpful reply, Ray S., I/we appreciate it. So much so that my wife entered into her trip list to include surgical masks. I had also requested information from the state park department and they said the same thing, to ask local authorities. I got the same info also from the president of the Suncoast Metal Detecting Club on Florida's West Coast. Much appreciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread