What is the best detector that Ive never heard of?

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
What is the best detector that I've never heard of?

Hello all,

I'm coin/relic hunter looking to find an old school detector that is a "secret weapon". The type of detector that people buy and never get rid of. I've only been detecting for 10 years and I'm sure there are sweet older models that I"ve never heard of. Any brand. Espescialy sweet would be a non-target ID machine that's very deep. I just read about two that I've never tried:

Whites Eagle
Whites XL 6000 pro

Let me know what I need to try.

Thanks,
Ian

Upvote 0

Willy

Re: What is the best detector that I've never heard of?

Treeasure Barons (includes the Kellyco Viper/Cobra II) and the Various Compass detectors. Look up the LT field test on the Compass Challenger X-100, which I have, and then compare it's features with what you can get today. ..Willy.

OP
OP
S

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.

Compass detectors look interesting.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Arado 120b, Arado 130, Fieldmaster 77 Mk II or III, all rather old and can be difficult to get hold of.
Or the modern version of the previously mentioned non motion meter discriminators....the Saxon X-1 Ultradepth.

Have you tried the Nautilus DMC IIb ? Works well and is deep as long as mineralisation is not to bad and you can buy new with no worries about the repairs or being able to buy other coils.

I've Compass machines but they tend not to be that deep including the Challengers. Good recover speed for some, good iron see through for others, plus like the Treasure Baron which I also have, tend to be on the heavy/not balanced side.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Did you ever put the 12x10 on that Silver? That rig will get so deep it will make you laugh.

But like you I continue my search for that elusive "holy grail" of a detector.

Willy

I dunno, over here in B.C., my X-100 gets as deep as any other detector I've used. I've compared it to a number of newer detectors (Coinstrike, Sov., Excalibur) and it will match them. I also added a 20 turn GB to it, which helps in getting the GB set right. ..Willy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread