Places to metal detect.

Dec 9, 2007
Findlay, Ohio
Detector(s) used
MPX Pro
Hey everyone.. I'm pretty new to Metal Detecting and just bought a MPX. This is a hobby for which I have always dreamed about doing. I currently live in Ohio and am curious if anyone knows of any place in ohio where I can find some stuff.. I am also able to travel to Indiana, and Michigan. I would really appreciate any help. Feel free to E-mail or reply to this post.
Happy Holidays
Kevin Stumpf

Attachments

• l_88972400c22a063de04fb787f1a817bc.jpg
    l_88972400c22a063de04fb787f1a817bc.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Kevin and welcome to TNet!

The obvious places are parks, schools, beaches, fields, ball fields, etc. For old stuff you need to research where the old buildings were and where people used to hang out (library -> old maps and newspapers...also the web).

Good luck and looking forward to your future finds.

HH!
TBGO

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
Welcome Countrystyle83 ! I lived in Huber Heights for alittle over a year, I was amazed at the number of small parks Ohio has, atleast around the Dayton area. Might be a good starting place. I have no ideas about any "legal" aspects of hunting there, so you might want to look into that prior to hunting.

Good luck!
Smitty

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit your local parks and schools, they can be real gold mines for coins and jewelry.
Welcome to TNet and a great hobby, good luck on your future hunts.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Subscribing to a treasure hunting magazine like Western & Eastern Treasures via the link at the top of each page here is a good way to learn more about the hobby too.

Good luck Kevin. Welcome to TNet!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread