Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay, this is my first Fisher since 1983. I just bought the F-2 off ebay.

It's selling like hotcakes!

They (whoever "they" are), are saying it's deeper than even the mighty Minelab SE.

This I have to see for myself.

Badger

NOTE: Ebay has some being offered at this ime.

Attachments

• F-2.jpg
    F-2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 409
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Badger Buys a F-2

JOE(USA) said:
Badger,

Congrats. on your new toy! If you have read any good field tests on the F2, pls. sand me the link. I hope it's not just a RS 3300 with different paint. I guess we have to wait for spring before you can test it? Joe

We'll see Joe. I think EasyMoney is pretty straight with us and if he isn't we'll still be nice to him cause he's 6'1" and BAD! ;D

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am begnning to think I need a rich woman to just buy me all of them. Then I would know which one I would like to have. I wonder how the Prizm 4 would stack up to the F2? Any thoughts out there?
Burdie

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primarily my Fisher cz-70 and Compass Relic & Coin, plus many others

Well, one thing for sure, I don't like feeding people a bunch of crap that just ain't true. When I say that most detectors are between 1 and 3 inches of each other in depth, take that to the bank also

If you know anybody that has a cz, mine reads between a 1and a 3 on the Fisher GB scale here, but in a couple of places it reads only a 5 or a 6 like in Ohio or Iowa. Only in air does it go higher (less minerals) than that.

That does sound like a real good combo, the Sov GT and the F-2, best backup,
and one of the best big cruisers made

Personally, I think the GT is a bit better than the Elite, but both are mean machines in bad soil and salt beaches, but I think the GT has a bit of an edge.

Right now, the best thing about the F-2 is it's ultra-fast recovery from target to target. I figure about 5-6 quick fans pers second if I fan it right in front of the coil at 5 inches. It gets every one of them. Not bad.
The only other detectors that can do that are
Tesoros and Compasses. My cz-70 can't.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

CTH Elf said:
I am begnning to think I need a rich woman to just buy me all of them. Then I would know which one I would like to have. I wonder how the Prizm 4 would stack up to the F2? Any thoughts out there?
Burdie

If that woman is hot you may not need a hot detector ;)

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used

Badger, I read one of those comparisons just yesterday but can't recall where it was. I might be able to find it though.

My Prism III isn't real slow and it pinpoints fairly well, but it's not as quick nor as presise as the new F-2 and F-4, or a Silver uMax. The thing I don't like about it though is that it loves tiny scrap steel, like a Tejon, but worse and a bit noisier..

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

EasyMoney said:
Badger, I read one of those comparisons just yesterday but can't recall where it was. I might be able to find it though.

Hope you can find it.

night0wl

Greenie
Dec 6, 2007

EasyMoney said:
Well, one thing for sure, I don't like feeding people a bunch of crap that just ain't true. When I say that most detectors are between 1 and 3 inches of each other in depth, take that to the bank also

If you know anybody that has a cz, mine reads between a 1and a 3 on the Fisher GB scale here, but in a couple of places it reads only a 5 or a 6 like in Ohio or Iowa. Only in air does it go higher (less minerals) than that.

Personally, I think the GT is a bit better than the Elite, but both are mean machines in bad soil and salt beaches, but I think the GT has a bit of an edge.

Right now, the best thing about the F-2 is it's ultra-fast recovery from target to target. I figure about 5-6 quick fans pers second if I fan it right in front of the coil at 5 inches. It gets every one of them. Not bad.

I am about to purchas my first M/d and after reviewing a good bit I have been leaning towards the F2. After reading the latest it will be a given.

However I cant find anyone who has them in stock, any suggestions?

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

night0wl said:
EasyMoney said:

I am about to purchas my first M/d and after reviewing a good bit I have been leaning towards the F2. After reading the latest it will be a given.

However I cant find anyone who has them in stock, any suggestions?

Ebay has 4 left,

http://cgi.ebay.com/FISHER-F2-METAL...ryZ14955QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000

Come on,Badger.Tell us what the 'air test' revealed.And we all know the fallacies concerning air test,but they are a somewhat indication nonetheless.

night0wl

Greenie
Dec 6, 2007

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered one and am looking forward to its arrival ;D

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

warsawdaddy said:
Come on,Badger.Tell us what the 'air test' revealed.And we all know the fallacies concerning air test,but they are a somewhat indication nonetheless.

I won't have mine till next week. But word has it they can tell you the locations of the various satellites. ;D

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

night0wl said:
Thanks for the heads up, just ordered one and am looking forward to its arrival ;D

You're welcome and glad you got one of the few left.

I really have a good feeling about this detector.

Badger

Smart person! We don't know how long the free coil deal will continue.

ONLY (2) more left folks.

EasyMoney

Sep 15, 2007
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used

Gary's of GB says that the Silver uMaxes all get a bit different depth...?

I'm curious about more tests on the F-2, but so far their reviews pretty much match mine.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other

EasyMoney said:
Gary's of GB says that the Silver uMaxes all get a bit different depth...?

I'm curious about more tests on the F-2, but so far their reviews pretty much match mine.

That was discussed on the Tesoro Forum. Mr. Gifford commented that the difference would be so small no one would even notice. Any big difference means the machine goes back to the factory.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread